New Raptor owner - Current Ford F-150 owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

teflon_jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the welcomes!

Unfortunately I ran into a problem with the dealer. They said the truck had the luxury package on it when it didn't, and that was one option I really wanted. So, I've instead placed an order for a 2013. I have to wait until Dec they estimated, but I'll be getting exactly the truck I wanted. Here's what I ordered:
Terrain exterior color - I've only seen the poor quality photos that apparently don't show the color well, but I've seen what I think is a similar color on Jeeps and it looks really cool
Bead lock wheels - I don't like the stock wheels and was planning to replace them anyway. The factory bead locks are similar to the ones I would have ordered. I like the old school style wheels with just the round holes as cutouts in the wheel.
Front and rear cameras
Moonroof
Navigation
Luxury package
Spray-in bed liner

I also have a bunch of aftermarket accessories that I'll be adding too from Addictive Desert Designs. None of my vehicles stays stock or even close!
Front winch bumper with LED off-road lights (both 40" front-facing light bar and 20" skid plate mounted light bar wired to stock auxiliary switches) and heavy duty skid plate
10,500 pd winch with synthetic cable and wireless remote
Rear bumper with LED lights
Heavy duty transfer case, tranny, and fuel tank skid plates
Rock sliders with full length side steps
ACT tuner and ??? brand intake with both wet and dry filter package
Cat-back exhaust (not sure what brand yet)

Here's a link to another thread with pics of my Porsche and details on the build that I did to it earlier this year, pics of my other Ford (old ones before it was painted black and a lot of things were added), and my Subaru STI that's being replaced by the Raptor:
PICTURES OF MY CARS AND BUILD THREAD

The second page has the latest pics of my Porsche.

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
Nice! That's the way to go on something so expensive. Order it exactly how you want it. And great choice in color. I think it will look fantastic on a raptor in real life. Even if the pics are a poor representation.

kendasf

Reaction score
teflon_jones said:
I do some serious off-roading and like to have heavier skid plates than stock. I've bent too many skid plates over the years!

I'm an idiot and can't read today. My bad. I thought you were talking new transmission and transfer case.

OP
OP
T

teflon_jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm an idiot and can't read today. My bad. I thought you were talking new transmission and transfer case.

No problem I thought that's probably what happened but wasn't sure if maybe you were saying the stock plates are already heavy duty enough and it's not a worthwhile upgrade.