New Purchase: 2023 Discounted vs 2024 at MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highwayman

Reaction score
Based on what you said, I'd personally do the 24 Avalanche if its MSRP and zero ADM or add on BS.... If your plan is to trade it in on another in a few years, you'll be ahead with the 24 IMHO. One year newer and I think you'd get a better trade on Avalanche vs Azure Grey.... Odd-ball colors really are a crap shoot over time vs the standard colors that usually age better and resale.

OP
OP

2011_Shelby

Reaction score
You didn't mis-type, I thought lightly optioned would be no moonroof since it's one of the few options. If you get a moonroof, do the maintenance. The maintenance not called out in the manual. Then you'll be fine.

Thank you for that info! I have heard about the moon roof issues but haven’t read too much into it. The least option one I’ve seen (that I’d be interested in) comes with 2 options: moon roof and spray in bed liner.

OP
OP

2011_Shelby

Reaction score
Based on what you said, I'd personally do the 24 Avalanche if its MSRP and zero ADM or add on BS.... If your plan is to trade it in on another in a few years, you'll be ahead with the 24 IMHO. One year newer and I think you'd get a better trade on Avalanche vs Azure Grey.... Odd-ball colors really are a crap shoot over time vs the standard colors that usually age better and resale.

This is helpful info that I tend to agree with as far as trading in - thank you! I knew the year would help but what I didn’t realize was that azure doesn’t seem to be a popular color!

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Thank you for that info! I have heard about the moon roof issues but haven’t read too much into it. The least option one I’ve seen (that I’d be interested in) comes with 2 options: moon roof and spray in bed liner.
Gen 3 with 37000 miles here. No issues with the sunroof and absolutely no preventative maintenance done on it. My Gen 2 was another story. Rattled within the first few thousand miles.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
My experience is that the Gen 3 moon roof does not stick at all like the Gen 2. The Gen 2 popped like you're opening a jar of pickles most of the time. I haven't noticed that once in almost 2 years in the Gen 3.

I also replaced the tracks on our Gen 1, took 3'ish hours if I recall correctly, so it's not the end of the world.