New guy shopping around

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rman

Reaction score
Hey all, new guy here. Sold my 2003 6.0 a few years ago and all i've been thinking of is getting into 17+ Powerstroke

Just bought my wife a new Navigator and fell in love with the drivetrain. Since then I've convinced myself that I need a Raptor. Same cab, way more nimble and fun. Need to get a few finances worked on and hoping to get into one by the spring.

So far, I've decided that I want a Leadfoot or Lightning Blue... have most of my mods already planned out lol.

Looking forward to learning more!

FordTechOne

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Are you planning to buy new? If so your timing is not quite ideal; 2020 models are out of production and there is no 2021 Raptor, at least not as of yet. Most likely it will be late 2021 production or a 2022 model.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF, and good luck in the search.

DinduMcNugget

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Probably looking at a 17-18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Look in the for sale section of the forums there’s a gentleman listing his avalanche 802a with 50kish miles. I could be wrong on the details but he’s asking 52k, which IMO is a screaming deal especially for that color. My opinions on price may be tainted living in California though. Good luck!

OP
OP
R

rman

Reaction score
Look in the for sale section of the forums there’s a gentleman listing his avalanche 802a with 50kish miles. I could be wrong on the details but he’s asking 52k, which IMO is a screaming deal especially for that color. My opinions on price may be tainted living in California though. Good luck!
Man, I saw that, what a killer color.

I’m not quite ready yet. The upside to considering a Lightning Blue is there always seems to be one.

Right now there’s a certified 18 with 39k for $59k
Carfax shows tranny was replaced at 20k. I do plan to mod it a good amount but the certified aspect of it just gives me peace of mind.

I do really like the leadfoot trucks, I guess when I’m ready it’ll boil down to who’s got the best deal.

JJDRaptor

Reaction score
All colors look good on a raptor IMO. When I was shopping for mine I just looked for the best deal and the color was as is. Couldn’t be happier with tuxedo black. When it’s clean it’s a real neck snapper.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Good luck in your search. They are a little pricy atm, but when the gen 3 comes out, the price will drop a bit.

OP
OP
R

rman

Reaction score
All colors look good on a raptor IMO. When I was shopping for mine I just looked for the best deal and the color was as is. Couldn’t be happier with tuxedo black. When it’s clean it’s a real neck snapper.
I agree!
I’ve already had 2 black and 2 white Ford trucks, time to change it up. I wouldn’t mind silver or whatever grey they had in 17, but I’d really prefer to find Mineral Gray or Lightning Blue. Mineral Gray a bit more, but it does look like the blue has a 50/50 love/hate demand and seem to be a bit more common.

The one I’ve been looking at right now is Just under $60k and almost 2 months at the lot. If it’s still available in 1-2 months I assume they’d be willing to drop the price dramatically. It’s actually at the same Ford/Lincoln lot I bought my wife’s Navigator at a few hours away.