New Gen3- did you purchase prepaid maintenance/wheel and tire warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considering purchasing a new gen3.

Did you all who bought new also purchase either the Ford prepaid maintenance package and/or wheel and tire pack?

The PPW was quoted at $3400 for 7 years and the W&T $1400 I think. Around bout there.

I’ve gotten the W&T before and it’s paid off but those were for sports cars not necessarily a truck with 35s/37s.

I know the maintenance pack they’re making money and probably more of a convenience thing.

Thanks for the advice

RobSpring661

Reaction score
I bought the prepaid maintenance package. I changed my own oil in my vehicles for 20 years…bought it as a convenience thing. Financially at a point in life where it seemed like a nice thing to have.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's only a deal if you pay cash and not have it part of any financing. It would just inflate the loan and the interest paid would far exceed the money "saved".

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I bought the prepaid maintenance package. I changed my own oil in my vehicles for 20 years…bought it as a convenience thing. Financially at a point in life where it seemed like a nice thing to have.
Yup it's nice to sit at a dealer for 2 hrs while someone f's up a simple oil change. Mmmm ..pass.

OP
OP
PTYHRD

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's only a deal if you pay cash and not have it part of any financing. It would just inflate the loan and the interest paid would far exceed the money "saved".
Right I wasn’t going to roll it. I know they’re making money off it. Probably a ton.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got it (and the PremiumCARE 10y/100k) on it and I don't calculate any money wasted at all. Not over ten years and 5,000mi intervals with full synthetic.

OP
OP
PTYHRD

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it (and the PremiumCARE 10y/100k) on it and I don't calculate any money wasted at all. Not over ten years and 5,000mi intervals with full synthetic.
I didn’t think the extra warranty would be worth it on new. I figured they’d offer once the 3 years was up.