New 2019 Raptor owner, couple questions on exhaust sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

special K

Reaction score
Hi all, just picked up a 2019 802a raptor yesterday. Man I love the truck. Coming off a 2015 Silverado (4 inch lift on 35’s). One thing right off the bat is the sound of the exhaust when you accelerate. My Silverado was stealth, stock exhaust so no noise at all. Is there anything that can be done do get it quieter. I heard someone say something about fake engine noise sound, but the dealer looked at me like i was from outer space when I mentioned it. Is that a feature that can be disabled. Mainly because I do a lot of calls while driving and don’t want to disrupt my customers while driving and talking, I would like the cab super quite if possible at times when needed or sound level reduced. is there a happy medium or something to be done? Another exhaust? Disable sound feature? Also the truck seemed a little rough on some bumps on the street, is there a good tire psi to go with that helps? Or is there a suspension break in period, thanks all!

Last edited:

patire19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure how to turn off the fake exhaust sound but i would lower your tire pressure to 38 PSI as the factory always over inflates the tires. You'll see a big difference in how the truck handles on the road. To turn the exhaust noise off you may have to get FORSCAN or some sort of tuning program.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forscan will take care of the engine noise augmentation. Plenty of threads that outline it if you search around. I kinda like it though; Covers up some of the road noise that's otherwise more noticeable.

But hang on now.... You want a QUIETER Raptor? Man, there are some v8 fanboys/trolls that are gonna want to have a word with you.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve heard turning off the fake engine noise will turn off the noise cancellation. I would just keep it stock as it will likely be the quietest ride. Also the sunshade closed as well will help. Dynamat could be a way also to insulate the interior. But this truck is so quiet as it is. Quieter than my 14 ram and my dads Denali Sierra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abearsfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed that when you are in a phone call, everything quiets down to include the fan speed on the A/C. I am a big fan of hands free, I use it all the time, my wife has never complained of cabin noise entering the phone conversation.

Cliffster

Reaction score
A good dealer will delete the fake engine noise with no negative results.I like my 19 much better without it they just plug in and delete it.If your not towing or hauling try 38 PSI front 34 or 35 rear.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As noted, search for Forscan and you can do a lot of customization and you can turn off the fake engine noise. However I did that and decided I liked it better with the fake engine noise after all.

OP
OP
S

special K

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the reply, is the fake engine noise hard to turn off with the forscan? Never used one before. Thanks for all the reply’s, just coming off the Silverado where you hear no exhaust noise when you accelerate at all.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Once you understand and get into forscan, it's pretty easy. Forscan itself is a bit convoluted. You need to read the Forscan thread post in detail, get the right adapter and follow the directions in the threads.