Need a shop : SoCal/LAX/South Bay area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MyBigBlue

Reaction score
Hey All,

a little while back my transfer case crapped out and I had my local dealership fix it under warranty...

but since then something just doesn't seem right. When I picked up my Raptor up from the original repair, there was a very odd delay when the transmission would engage 1st gear. So I took it back to the dealer the same day and the tech informed me that when they replaced the transfer case, they unplugged the battery so the transmission was "relearning" my driving habits.

And for the last week or so, there has been on odd noise when going from a dead stop.

So looking for a solid shop to take a look at the transmission and give me a go or no go. Rather not waste any more time with the dealership.

So to all my local Raptor buddies, where do you take your truck to get worked on? Looking for something in the LAX/South Bay area.

Thanks guys/gals!

mike.s

Reaction score
That's my home town and I haven't found a good place yet. Which dealership did you go to? I have not had good look with any of the ones in the South Bay Area.

Buster096

Reaction score
I have been going to precision automotive in redondo for a couple months now. So far they have fixed my A/C and rebuilt the transmission on my F150 and diagnosed my engine squeal. Their rates are pretty reasonable and they do quality work. Also all the super nice cars in the parking lot make me feel at ease, last time I picked up my truck I was parked next to an Aston Martin and a '68 camaro SS.