Navtv

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the truck is the same as 13, just different color options. so there the 13 module will work for the 14. up until recently you had to cut and splice 6 wires behind the screen in the dash, they have since come out with a plug in harness that doesnt require you to cut the wires anymore. the only wire that still needs to be cut, is the front camera wire in the engine bay.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
you dont see anything, you just use everything. being able to have your wife or whoever enter addresses while driving is a big convenience. also using your front camer to park if you have a bumper that sticks out, is a big plus as well.

D

Deleted member 12951

you dont see anything, you just use everything. being able to have your wife or whoever enter addresses while driving is a big convenience. also using your front camer to park if you have a bumper that sticks out, is a big plus as well.

I understand the use just don't understand the color option if you don't see it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only difference between the 13 model year truck and the 14 model year truck is color options. so that means the nav-tv unit that was made for the 13 year trucks will work on the 14 year trucks. ford made no changes to this production year other than color.

D

Deleted member 12951

the only difference between the 13 model year truck and the 14 model year truck is color options. so that means the nav-tv unit that was made for the 13 year trucks will work on the 14 year trucks. ford made no changes to this production year other than color.

Give up asking why color matters....

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

Ding, ding, ding, I got it now!! He is talking about color of the truck, not the color of the navtv unit. The mytouch unit is exactly the same as 2013 so it will work in a 2014. Whew!

OP
OP
victorsam

victorsam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is usually several differences in model years beyond what Ford announces. The obvious difference in the 2014s is the color, SE graphics etc but beyond that there may be differences that are not well known about. By that I man a friend who has a 2013 and I compared it to my 2011. We found all sorts of differences such as where the dome light is located, electrical connection coverings under the hood, sill plate protection, fold down head rests vs stationary etc. These little things are not worth mentioning by Ford. I mean they are not going to say, "Hey we moved the dome light in the 2013s" (Or whenever they changed it from where it was in 2011.)

All I am saying is that there may be electrical differences on the 2014s that we are not aware of. In looking at navtv's web site they list the same products for 14 that they list for 13. But they also list the items for a 2015 Raptor. Obviously they do not know if anything they have now will work with a 2015 Raptor, much less if there will even be one.