My side steps have faded!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what I used after two years......just spray on.....been on about two months.
Can get it at O'Reilly's, Pep Boys, etc.

Attachments

• Cleaner_1.jpg
    Cleaner_1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 105
  • cleaner_2.jpg
    cleaner_2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 53
  • Cleaner_3.jpg
    Cleaner_3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 121

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All I want to say is, I have the new running boards on now for three years and I do nothing to them, they still look brand new to this day.
And I don't fall out of the truck when it rains. LOL

Liquid car wash with wax is your enemy. Especially Rain-X with wax beads.

Last edited:

Surf City Garage

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm not intimately familiar with the side step material on the Raptor, but I do know that using dressings are going to make for a very slippery (and dangerous) scenario. Nothing like stepping up or down onto an ice-slick surface and cracking your face into a door jamb, all in the name of appearance care LOL

Clean thoroughly with a a mild degreaser (APC Concentrate at 8:1 should more than suffice) and agitate with a brush as needed to get dirt/contamination out of the texture.

As MTF mentioned above - car washes that include waxes may be contributing to the issue so stick to a wax free/gloss enhancer free soap like ESB.

If after cleaning they still appear faded I'd look into using a dye or something that isn't going to make them slick/slippery.