My Raptor Just Got Banned from the Car Wash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, I went again today, samer wash, and my wider offset method wheels jammed me up a bit on the rollers. I got through, but I got stuck in the middle and they stopped it and had me turn the wheel a bit.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
power washer and some soap. shit takes like 30 minutes and i get to spray my doge while i do it too.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once I went to 0 offset, I was unable to use our local carwash chain. With mirrors folded it did just barely fit, but sidewall biters often kicked it off its guide. Was more politely told i wasn't welcome anymore ;)

Find a carwash that uses the new conveyor belt system, they're popping up more now. Wider and more flexibility to center it better. Much better for cars with lo profile, no rails to scratch wheels on too.

TMW!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went through Mister Carwash again- they welcomed me with loving arms and i proceeded through the tunnel and off into the sunset

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't waste your money having your truck waxed and then taking it through an automatic car wash.

The harsh chemicals used in them will strip that wax off in one trip through, leaving no protection on the paint. Even a synthetic sealant will be gone in just a few trips. The worst ones are the touchless versions, since they have to use even harsher chemicals to clean without touching the paint.

Even for those that don't care about the scratches you will get in an automatic car wash, the harsh chemicals will bleach out the plastic and rubber trim, leaving them gray and blotchy, like this:

20150913_114911.jpg

If you don't have the time or inclination to wash the truck yourself, then at least go to a place that hand washes with decent quality detailing products.

AbitaPro

Reaction score
That's a good feature, Ford secretly designed in exercise, a health benefit for Gen 2 owners! Don't make a big deal or they will definitely raise the prices, similar to paying extra for organic vegetables and such! I mean you put two carrots side by side, and the organic costs more! If s late, I'm tired, sorry if it's not funny!

Baddoug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ Can't wash your own vehicle in your own freakin driveway!?? Wow, thats pretty ****** up!

And the same reason why the person/people who came up with "HOA" needs to be throat punched. Freakin ridiculous!!

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

I've also been banned. Never had anything happen to my Gen1 but one day I pulled up and they said "no more Raptors". I drove across town to the other place and again same thing, "no more Raptors". So I'm stuck with the ******** now.