My New Lead Foot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sfzobie

Reaction score
Found my new raptor on this forum, bought from Inskeep Ford out of Greenfield, Indiana and couldn't have had a better experience. I live in the SF Bay Area and the cheapest any dealers locally were willing to go to was 5k over MSRP which I refused to pay. I had it shipped and I now have about 1500 miles on it, and for the most part I really like the truck.

The sound isn't great, my friend bought a 17 so I knew exactly what I was getting. When I'm on the freeway it's very quiet which I like. I wish the seats were a little deeper as I'm pretty tall and my legs feel a little unsupported. The mileage so far has been bad. I'm not expecting anything crazy, but the trip computer is saying 16, which is fine. Today I drove from SF to Chico and back (~300 miles round trip) 75-80mph without any traffic. I filled up before and after and noted the mileage just to check. According the the trip computer, it was 16.1 however the actual mpg was 14, which left me disappointed. Yes I realize this is a 6k pound truck, but this was 99% highway driving at a constant speed. Since it's rated at 15/18, I figured I'd do better than 14. Oh well. The interior space is staggering, I had a 2013 f250 and I thought that was big, but this has more room. I am about 6'5 and my friends are also big and after pig hunting last weekend with three of us, gear and coolers, we were all comfortable for the long drive.

I bought this truck since it was so close in price to a loaded f-150, I really like the look of it, plan to use it to hunt, camp and do some light overlanding (working on the pony express trail), but still have a fun truck to drive for work on a daily basis.

Either way, I really like the lead foot color, I am thinking about the xpel stealth if I can find a reasonable deal. Otherwise the whipple stage 1 seems like a good balance of performance and reliability. Looking forward to learning more about the truck and hopefully some good offload tracks.

Attachments

• IMG_0370.jpg
    IMG_0370.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0372.jpg
    IMG_0372.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 34

ineedaBubble

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome aboard! Beautiful color. As for the mpg, it's just one of those things that you really can't complain about when investing the money into a truck of this caliber. People always ask me what it gets for gas mileage and I respond with "not much, but that's not why I bought it. If I was worried about mpg, I would have bought a Prius".

I bought this truck because I can't live my life driving boring vehicles.

Just don't sweat the small stuff and you'll enjoy the hell out of the truck!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I bought this truck because I can't live my life driving boring vehicles.

^^^^
This.

as to the economy, your speed is what’s killing it. I watched the eco gauge on the bourbon trail in Kentucky, as well as to / fro. What I found is that you can score decent mpg from 50-70mph. At 70-72 I’m reading about 16-17 on the eco gauge. At 77 I’m reading about 13-14. This is on flat, level terrain.

Now, at 60 - like say... to / from Outer Banks, etc. where you’re transitioning from work-life time and pace to “island time and pace”, I’ve seen over 20 mpg.
Of course, that all goes to $hit when you start caning the truck off road.

As always, YMMV

TxRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the Lead Foot, that's my color too.

So far I have about 570 miles on it, mostly slow highway traffic, and getting around 16.7 mpg. Not too bad...

In terms of smiles per mile, it certainly beats the Prius and Lexus CT hybrid that I drove for 9 years!