My Brand Spankin New 13!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jjwpgh

jjwpgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like how almost everyone's 2013 is naked. I thought I was going to be the only ass hole without stickers. Looks good bud. I'm having a hard time deciding my first mods too.

I made it a point to grab one without the graphics... I will say that I found a significantly more 2013's in my area with the graphics then without, which made my search that much more difficult.

And thanks on the compliment!

RaptorWifey

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Since you're in Da Burgh.... I say
Mudflaps, Weathertech or Husky floor mat liners, Spray in bed liner(in the wheel wells also), and Tonneau cover. And get rid of the front plate holder....

Congrats on your baby and Go Steelers Jeff Jeff!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Beauty.

If running offroad, please go RPG stage 2 at least (to protect the frame) or Stage 3 if you can swing it. I run stage 3 and there is NO way I'd go back. I may have to upgrade to the HD springs, though. But, even there you have your options. Also, consider mid perch (with an alignment aftwards...shouldn't need cams just for mid either). I hardly ever slam my front skid now like I did prior to moving away from stock perch.

Judging by the scenery in your pictures I'm going to ASSume you live in the southeast or northeast or possibly northwest? If I'm way off just ignore me.

In any case, in colorado, my first mod was window tint without a doubt. We get killer sun glare out here.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check out Ziebart (although I've never used them) I just know the damn salt eats these things.
Or Amsoil makes a DYI undercoating coating.

Also, mid perch is a must.

For the guys recommending window tint... it's illegal in PA.

Have fun.

Joe

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I do not recomend any thing illegal unless JK. I don't agree with the amsoil undercoating unless you plan on getting under the truck and spray it every time you go out in weather.

faceoff4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats...the blue inserts on the black truck looks fantastic! As for the mods....lights lights and even more lights!

OP
OP
jjwpgh

jjwpgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you're in Da Burgh.... I say
Mudflaps, Weathertech or Husky floor mat liners, Spray in bed liner(in the wheel wells also), and Tonneau cover. And get rid of the front plate holder....

Congrats on your baby and Go Steelers Jeff Jeff!!!!!!!!

How bout beating the Giants yesterday, even with some calls going against the 'lers!!

And I need to find a reputable place for the spray in Liner for the bed and wheel wells. I want to do that immediately as I can smell the salt in the air!

---------- Post added at 07:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

I'm thinking mid perch and a tune to start it off while I save for the RPG stage 3... (I did just buy the truck Saturday :laughing1: )

I'm going to wait a bit on the tune to see what the actual gains are from 5star as all I can find are the ecoboost numbers.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did you find a place for the spray in liner? I know a place on south park road near the industrial boulevard that does decent work. I think they are linex

Yukon Joe

OP
OP
jjwpgh

jjwpgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you find a place for the spray in liner? I know a place on south park road near the industrial boulevard that does decent work. I think they are linex

Yukon Joe

That's exactly where the truck currently sits getting sprayed all over the place with LineX!

Will be done this evening. Did the bed, rear wheel wells, and fender flares just cause I wanted them to match the runningboards (still nervous on how they are going to turn out)

In addition the SCT X3and tunes, craven antenna, weathertech mats, trey radio, and recovery ropes are all in the mail.

So much for saving money and waiting on mods... I have to be as ready for the snoball as possible!

Next up is RPG stage 3 (stage 2 if i can't afford it) and a rigid 20" e-series in the front bumper.

I want to do mid perch as well but had a SCARY run in with spring compressors on a previous car so need to work up the courage... admittedly it was my fault for using a cheap ass spring compressor but it was one of those wow i could have just lost a hand moments.