Mega Loud Clunk Gen3 in 4WD full lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I was doing 4wd typhoon donuts when something snapped. Since then I get this clunk only in 4wd.

Please enlighten me if there is an obvious answer to what broke!
SO...

That would have been useful information to have in the first post.
We can’t troubleshoot this over the ‘net, but If I were a betting man, I would wager you have 1 or more broken hard parts. Front axle(s)? Transfer case housing? Internals?

That thing needs to go into a shop.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You are a master of understatement.

We can’t troubleshoot this over the ‘net, but If I were a betting man, I would wager you have 1 or more broken hard parts. Front axle(s)? Transfer case housing? Internals?

Gotta be the front end since it only happens when the front half of the drivetrain is engaged. Hard part for sure. No warranty for him unless he lies.

OP
OP
Just_AO

Just_AO

Reaction score
SO...

That’s what I’m thinking!

Going early Jan to my mechanic so he can open it up and see what broke.

I will update you guys here. Always useful info in case you guys start doing tornado donuts any time soon ️