Lucas oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mobil 1 5W-20 full synthetic and Motorcraft filter here. I ran a Mobil 1 filter once when the store was out of stock of the Motorcraft. Debated switching to 5W-30 though. Never seen a need for oil additives unless you have some sort of issues.

Raptor 2014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have used Red Line for over 39 years. Great oil - I use their gear oil in most things. I Used Royal purple in my 430RWHP 13B - 93FD street car (2,805 LBS with driver) using 91 octane because it tolerated the heat better that the other oils early 2000. I used mobile 1 because of Costco Price in my street cars including my 2004 2RZ Toyota which is at 225,000 miles now with out a hiccup. I changed my oil for street cars every 2500 to 3500 miles when I rotate the tires and do maintenance. Unfortunately my Costco does not carry Mobil 1 any more so I switch to Amsoil - Great product but expensive. Oil is now changed every 5000 miles for my street cars.
Adding an oil stabilizer to any different brand of oil is not a good idea. Current synthetic oils are better than they have ever been. Don't dilute them with a brand that they were not designed to be used with. I use Driven Oil in all race applications. I can not recommend a better oil at this time.
VP gas additive is a recommendation also.
If you made it though this hole post - Free advise / internet is worth what you payed for.

jamesstone1933

Reaction score
The dealership had a motorcraft on it when i bought it and it was half the size of my K&N filter. No mechanic here but it seems the bigger the better to me. Again allot is preference and peace of mind.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dealership had a motorcraft on it when i bought it and it was half the size of my K&N filter. No mechanic here but it seems the bigger the better to me. Again allot is preference and peace of mind.

As long as the specifications of the filter itself are the same then its kind of a wash. Just because a filter screws on and "fits" doesn't mean it has same specification, mostly to do with the bypass valve if I remember correctly. I remember this being a HUGE talking point back when I was part of the Land Rover/Ranger Rover forum community. Specifically the 4.0 and 4.6 V8s on the P38 Range Rover and Discovery 2. I really miss my piece of crap D2.

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As long as the specifications of the filter itself are the same then its kind of a wash. Just because a filter screws on and "fits" doesn't mean it has same specification, mostly to do with the bypass valve if I remember correctly. I remember this being a HUGE talking point back when I was part of the Land Rover/Ranger Rover forum community. Specifically the 4.0 and 4.6 V8s on the P38 Range Rover and Discovery 2. I really miss my piece of crap D2.

Them were the biggest piles of crap ever. lol

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a P38 Vitesse in the AA Yellow, 1 of 150 over here. Looked cool, but it was absolutely a **** and horrible on fuel. Anything electronic was junk, and you could never find interior or body stuff for it. I sold it because I got tired of trying to hunt down any parts for it.

The P38s were the worst of the bunch. None of the charm of the RRC. Not as good looking the L322s or D2 (post facelift).