Long Travel Shootout - ON TOPIC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDHQ

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok front ends look nice. But what are these vendors doing to have the rear keep up with the front. I know sdhq has their cantilever system which I have seen in person but would like to know the specs.

What do others have to offer?

Wouldn't it be better to go with a bedcage, and a spring under than just jumping to 3.0 shocks with no increase in travel? Why spend $4k just on rear 3.0's when you could get more travel with a bedcage?

Besides the rear there is the cage and other safety items to consider!

Adding travel isn't always an answer. Even though with our rear set up - Icon 3.0", Deavers and our bumps - you are gaining .75" up and .75 droop travel, that 1.5" of wheel travel isn't so much the selling point. It is the more controlled rear wheel travel that is the pay off.

When we add a rear bed cage or a cantilever system we are able to max out at 17.5" of usable wheel travel. There are others that claim more when using the same Deaver springs as us, but that is fluff #'s and not real.

The Icon front 3.0" fronts and UCA'a balance out real well with either of the two options up top.

EFTOBIAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping this ancient thread to shed some light on the Foutz kit.

Front LT:
Long travel front suspension kit for Raptor & F150

This all new long travel kit for the Ford Raptor or F150 gives you the pre-runner look and function you want. This kit makes the track width 91” wide outside of tire to outside of tire. This kit will give you up to 18” of front wheel travel and you have the choice to keep the 4 wheel drive or get rid of the weight and go 2 wheel drive. This kit comes with a pair of 4130 TIG welded lower arms, fully fabricated uprights, and upper arms. All of the mounting hardware you need and a set of custom aluminum tie rods to match up to the longer arms. This kit is an updated version of what was designed and used on the Raptor “R” race truck. This kit uses a dual shock set up and allows for maximum functionality. We recommend a 2.5” coil over with a 3” by-pass shock kit. Use any brand you want. This kit starts at $15,599.99. Call for more details today. 480-718-9800

*** This kit requires advanced installation and requires welding to the frame. It will void your factory warranty

Rear 4Link:
Long travel rear 4 link kit for Raptor & F150

The all new 4 link kit for the Ford Raptor or F150 truck provides up to 26” of rear wheel travel. This kit comes with all you need to outfit your existing truck, or bring it to the Foutz Motorsports shop for full installation. This kit has all of the mounting brackets required, a pair of 4130 TIG welded trailing arms, Currie fabricated rear end housing and 40 spline axles with full floating hubs, 4130 track rods and all heims and hardware needed. Add your choice of shocks and the kit will accommodate 3” coil over shock and 4” by-pass. We recommend a 2.5” coil over with a 3.5” by-pass shock kit. Use any brand you want. This kit starts at $16,599.99. Call for more details today. 480-718-9800

*** This kit requires advanced installation and requires welding to the frame. It will void your factory warranty

--

:yuno:

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score
This kit has all of the mounting brackets required, a pair of 4130 TIG welded trailing arms, Currie fabricated rear end housing and 40 spline axles with full floating hubs, 4130 track rods and all heims and hardware needed. Add your choice of shocks and the kit will accommodate 3” coil over shock and 4” by-pass. We recommend a 2.5” coil over with a 3.5” by-pass shock kit. Use any brand you want. This kit starts at $16,599.99.

Am I reading this right?
Basically your getting just hard parts to link the truck for 16.6K
That means No shocks, no 3rd member, no brakes or calipers.

I haven't done the math but I'm pretty sure I can get all that from Camburg for around 7K(retail) and save myself 9K

ICONRep

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SDHQ was out testing this beast yesterday.....

sdhq-raptor-livernois-long-travel-3.jpg

sdhq-raptor-livernois-long-travel-13.jpg

sdhq-raptor-livernois-long-travel-16.jpg

Dv8tor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's the black Texas truck. It's had a lot of work done to it. Just basically take one of everything Jason has on SDHQ's website, and put them on this truck. Simply put, it'd bad ass!