Long Time Lurker Intro & Looking for Input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PewPew

Reaction score
Hello,

Long time lurker and just realized this is my 2nd post.

I joined this forum in Jun 2018 a few months after purchasing my 2010 Raptor from one of the partners at my office, who ordered it new. Here are some details as of today:
2010 Ford Raptor SCAB (6.2L)
Oxford White w/ black interior
Luxury & Plus Package
NAV, back up camera, memory seats, SYNC, Sony sub, etc.

I bought it with 56k miles Jan 2018 because the previous owner purchased a Gen2 Raptor. It now has 66.4k miles on it and since purchase, I've added an MX4 cover, Rigid Light bar and Borla Exhaust and diligent about maintenance and preventative maintenance.

The last 2.75 years of ownership of this vehicle have been great. Did rotor/brakes, transmission fluid, 16 plugs, belt, tensioner, oil, and engine air filter changes regularly, fortunate to have a former Ford Master Technician who manages our Fleet department and does all of the maintenance that I'm unable to.

Here is where I'd like some input. I've been toying with idea of selling it for the following reasons:
1. We purchase a new home a few months back and it barely fits in the garage (appx. 1 inch) from hitting something.
2. It is rarely driven, roughly 1k this year, and 8.4k miles since purchased. My daily is a JKUR

It is the first Ford I've ever purchased personally and it does put an ear to ear smile on my face when it's driven and my wife enjoys driving it (not parking it though). Moving things around in the garage or working around is annoying (first world problems right?), because I refuse to keep it outside.

After reading one of the the threads on Gen1 resale values and life expectancy, it's making me think more about whether to keep it or sell it. What say you?

Raptor Front Passenger Exterior.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It is the first Ford I've ever purchased personally and it does put an ear to ear smile on my face when it's driven and my wife enjoys driving it (not parking it though).

If you have the ability to keep it, you should for this reason alone. When it’s fun to drive, it’s worth keeping.

OP
OP
P

PewPew

Reaction score
^What a double tap 17hmr sounds like.

Thanks Smurfslayer, sound advice. The pragmatic side tells me that the proceeds from the sale could help with the renovation costs or be invested, even funds readily accessible for the next toy.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. Congrats on a beautiful gen1. Keep it if you can, but yeah, could get good money for it.

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have the ability to keep it, you should for this reason alone. When it’s fun to drive, it’s worth keeping.
I definitely agree on keeping it. You will never find another one like it, and that has been maintained like has. Big plus on knowing it`s real history too

Traffic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can afford to, keep it. You’re driving an instant classic. I own a gen 2 and if I had the space to store/park it, I’d find a low mileage gen 1 and keep it as a weekend/occasional driver.

IMHO, a low mileage well taken care of gen 1, should only appreciate from here. It’s like a GT350, or 03-04 Cobra, the production was limited enough, and so many were either daily driven, or beaten on, a nice, low mileage original will always bring good money if you need to sell later.

Plus you said yourself, driving it makes you happy. Hard to put a value on that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

PewPew

Reaction score
Thank you all, we are blessed to be able to keep this (financially, but storage is an issue) and appreciate all of your feedback and advise.

I've been researching the value of the truck and have seen them all over the place. If I were to sell this, I believe it is worth $36k, given the clean history, maintenance, and minor add ons. Thoughts on it's value? Thanks again in advance

willwwright

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep it!
theres a buyer for everything - thats not an unreasonable price if a potential buyer understands its history.