GEN 2 Live Valve question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HighlineRaptor
Reaction score
The factory live valve seem to be the better option for your use. Not sure but maybe the SDI(?) controller can help a bit. 3.0s would be overkill for your use. Would have to upgrade more to use them properly.
understood. I have seen a lot of postings about Live valve delete kits, what is the purpose for them, and is it beneficial?

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not a Raptor guru but I think it was for guys who wanted to put the live valves on 17-18’s sans the live wire capabilities. IOW’S they would use the shock as a standard non live wire shock if they couldn’t or wouldn’t source proper shocks for their model truck since they would fit. Some may have inferred they were improved to their model shock. There be other reasons. So the delete kit involves a way to do it and bypass the LW functions.
‘Personally I would have put some better non lw on in lieu of this if I had a 17 or 18 model.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@HighlineRaptor Welcome to the forum! If you have a 19/20 truck and with the usage you described, I would absolutely have your stock LV shocks rebuilt and just keep on enjoying the truck. SDI's eClik is an incredible device for tuning and unlocking more suspension performance but it doesn't sound like you're trying to eeek out every last bit so that probably wouldn't be money well spent.

You don't want go backwards to the blue OEM setups from the 17/18 trucks. You'd also need to buy an LV bypass module since the system is integrated into the entire truck.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
@HighlineRaptor Welcome to the forum! If you have a 19/20 truck and with the usage you described, I would absolutely have your stock LV shocks rebuilt and just keep on enjoying the truck. SDI's eClik is an incredible device for tuning and unlocking more suspension performance but it doesn't sound like you're trying to eeek out every last bit so that probably wouldn't be money well spent.

You don't want go backwards to the blue OEM setups from the 17/18 trucks. You'd also need to buy an LV bypass module since the system is integrated into the entire truck.

Nailed it.

OP
OP
HighlineRaptor
Reaction score

Great Information, thank you very much! I came across rebuild options and exchange options. Are these worth it, or can a rebuild be done by the owner?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Great Information, thank you very much! I came across rebuild options and exchange options. Are these worth it, or can a rebuild be done by the owner?

Depends in your skill level and time. Lot of people rebuild their own but you need to buy some special tools. Lately I have been paying to have things done due to lack of time.

OP
OP
HighlineRaptor
Reaction score
Depends in your skill level and time. Lot of people rebuild their own but you need to buy some special tools. Lately I have been paying to have things done due to lack of time.
I have the knowledge and ability, but I hate buying specialty tools lol I will look into the exchange option since it seems to be the less downtime route.

aaron1085

Reaction score
reviving this:

I live in New England, I have a 2019 with 43k miles on it. I daily drive (10k or so per year), some on road shenanigans and light off roading (rarely). Do I REALLY need to have these rebuild these shocks at 50,000 miles as Fox recommends?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
reviving this:

I live in New England, I have a 2019 with 43k miles on it. I daily drive (10k or so per year), some on road shenanigans and light off roading (rarely). Do I REALLY need to have these rebuild these shocks at 50,000 miles as Fox recommends?

Yes