Lets see those custom plates!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Which truck was faster, the harley or the lightning?

They're both harley trucks. I've got two, 2000 HD F-150's. One's the "race" truck and one's the "street" truck.

Hyde has ran a best of 10.32 @ 131
Jekyll has ran a best of 13.5 @ 100

Although I did own a red '04 Lightning for a short while. Can you tell I'm addicted to badazz Ford trucks? :peace:

Oh and my fiance bought a 2011 Mustang 5.0 GT last fall as well :shocked:

Attachments

• Twins16.jpg
    Twins16.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG-20101026-00087.jpg
    IMG-20101026-00087.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_2087.jpg
    IMG_2087.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 133

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I heard those supercharged harleys guzzle gas like no other

About the same mileage as the Raptors get, with more balls on the street. Most guys get around 12 mpg around town, and 14-16 on the highway. My street truck I actually noticed ZERO difference between N/A and S/C mileage wise, and I record every single fillup. (the 00's were N/A, so I've done the OEM S/C conversion on both of them). I always get 14-15 mpg with a mix of city highway both when it was N/A and S/C. I got the same mileage when I had my '04 Lightning.

Thats the only thing I'm really going to miss with the Raptor, is the pure balls to the wall power on tap with the flick of the throttle (save the responses of "oh its faster than you think"). I know the 6.2 is enough it can get out of its own way, I never would have bought one if it were only the N/A 5.4, what a dog, but maybe once the warrantys up I'll have to throw some boost at it lol

MyPlates

Reaction score
My Plates License Plates

Thanks for bringing us up BDRAG,

We noticed this post and would like to correct some of the information if you don't mind. Our program was impletmented by Texas Legislature to help raise money for the state of Texas. My Plates has guaranteed a minimum of $25 million to the state revenue, so you could think of purchasing a specialty plate as something like a voluntary tax.

There was also a bit of misinformation about the pricing i'd like to clarify as well. The state charges $30 - $40 per specialized plate, and to personalize the message is another $40, totalling about $80 per year.

My Plates offers 1, 5, and 10 year terms, with an increase in yearly savings for the longer terms. We also offer several different levels of customization for you to choose from. You can start off with just a plate background of your choice with a random generated combination for only $55 a year! Thats just a tank of gas! We offer the Custom Series for $85 a year where you are allowed 3 letters and 2/3 numbers. Our Luxury Series, which is where you can choose up to all 6 letters is $195 for one year.

Now, that is expensive to many people, myself included, and I could understand where you felt this was a high cost compared to the $80 a year for a plate from the State, but when purchased for a 5 Year Term, the price is $495 equating to less than $100 per year, and the 10 Year Term is only $100 more at $595, which is $59.50 per year, $20 less than the states plate. We even offer layaway, 5 payments over 4 months. When purchase for a 5 or 10 year term, you don't have to worry about renewing every single year, and it is transferable from any vehicle you own, so you can take it with you when you switch cars.

But what if you switch cars or we come out with another design you would like instead? Once you are in our program, you can keep your plate combination and Restyle your plate design for a $55 to any one of our over 100 backgrounds.

I hope this cleared up any questions ya'll might of had, if you have any more questions please feel free to contact us at 1-888-769-7528 M-F 8am-6pm or visit our website at MyPlates.com Have a great day!!

My plates was mentioned but THAT PLACE can cost you out the ass. They are an independent company. They have some bad ass looking stuff though. I wanted the dimaond plate look but TO DAM MUCH MONEY!

The state is gonna charge you between $20-$40 for your plate depending on what type you chose. MY PLATES charges you like $70 for the plate, then you have the $20-$40 state fee every year. With My plates you also have to pay an anual fee to reserve your number. 1, 3, 5, 10 years. Its like another $350 for a 5 year garante! TO DAMN MUCH MONEY in my opinion.

The state ones are the additional $20-$40 a year over the normal fee but you keep it at no charge as long as you renew it on time every year. I roll my license fee and specialty plate fee all together at the same time and its $107 a year I think.

Start here for the state plates. Click on the ones listed on the left hand collom and it will show you a pic of it. Then you can select it and hunt for your number or let the state issue one at random. State link---

https://rts.texasonline.state.tx.us/NASApp/txdotrts/SpecialPlateOrderServlet?grpid=60&pltid=99

BDRAG

BDRAG

HAhahaaaa.
Reaction score
Thanks for bringing us up BDRAG,

We noticed this post and would like to correct some of the information if you don't mind. Our program was impletmented by Texas Legislature to help raise money for the state of Texas. My Plates has guaranteed a minimum of $25 million to the state revenue, so you could think of purchasing a specialty plate as something like a voluntary tax.

There was also a bit of misinformation about the pricing i'd like to clarify as well. The state charges $30 - $40 per specialized plate, and to personalize the message is another $40, totalling about $80 per year.

My Plates offers 1, 5, and 10 year terms, with an increase in yearly savings for the longer terms. We also offer several different levels of customization for you to choose from. You can start off with just a plate background of your choice with a random generated combination for only $55 a year! Thats just a tank of gas! We offer the Custom Series for $85 a year where you are allowed 3 letters and 2/3 numbers. Our Luxury Series, which is where you can choose up to all 6 letters is $195 for one year.

Now, that is expensive to many people, myself included, and I could understand where you felt this was a high cost compared to the $80 a year for a plate from the State, but when purchased for a 5 Year Term, the price is $495 equating to less than $100 per year, and the 10 Year Term is only $100 more at $595, which is $59.50 per year, $20 less than the states plate. We even offer layaway, 5 payments over 4 months. When purchase for a 5 or 10 year term, you don't have to worry about renewing every single year, and it is transferable from any vehicle you own, so you can take it with you when you switch cars.

But what if you switch cars or we come out with another design you would like instead? Once you are in our program, you can keep your plate combination and Restyle your plate design for a $55 to any one of our over 100 backgrounds.

I hope this cleared up any questions ya'll might of had, if you have any more questions please feel free to contact us at 1-888-769-7528 M-F 8am-6pm or visit our website at MyPlates.com Have a great day!!

I don't mind at all. The moderators may. I know that when I went to your web site and found the one I wanted and the custom letters I wanted it was more than the state plate. Once I pick my custom letters or numbers its done. Thats a one time fee I belive. The $40 a year is a given. I can renew every year a year at a time. One Payment. My state plate is mine till I change it or maybe its still a 7 year thing and renew then? Whatever it is, I decided to remember 9/11 and keep it in the publics mind for those who forget so easy. Its a special plate with special meaning.

I was in no way trying to bust on My Plates orginazation. You guy's do have some cool stuff as I mentioned. It was the fact that I HAVE TO CHOOSE 1,5, or 10 years. I do not feel like bellying up that much cash at one time for the pleasure of doing buissness with anyone. I think your companies garauntee to the state is your choice not mine. I think a few companies have come and gone over the years trying to make a private plate company work. Thats another reason I went with the state plate. In my opinion, if you offered the same fee structure as the state, which has just been llowered by the way, your buissness would probably double. I know I would have a dimond plate plate plate PLATE! HAhahaaaaaaaaa.

Oh shit! You have access to my plate number and all my info! YIKES! Run for the RAptor! HAhahaaaaaaaaaaa.
BDRAG

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
illinois sucks for special/vanity plates. atleast for trucks they do.... if i get a B plate, i think i can have the 7 characters, but then i can never park my truck anywhere on the street over night. so i go with a specialty plate (DNR Deer in my case) which costs a lil more, but it does make my truck legal to park on the street, so no tickets. But then it can only have 4 characters.... 4 doesnt give ya much to work with..... i was gonna do my initials and my birth year.... but its expensive and well.... when i went to register, the place was packed and then i woulda had to fill out a buncha pages, or have them do it on the computer for a generic one and i got out of the DMV quicker....

Get the DUCK plate and put YOU or YOU 2 on it. That'll teach 'em.

....give it a second. DUCK YOU or DUCK YOU 2

Play around here>>> : http://apps.ilsos.gov/PickAPlateWeb/index1.html

JuggNuttz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get the DUCK plate and put YOU or YOU 2 on it. That'll teach 'em.

....give it a second. DUCK YOU or DUCK YOU 2

Play around here>>> : PICK A PLATE

lol i went with the deer, i was gonna go with the fishing one and the bass, since i had a deer on my 99. dad brought up a good point, if they know your a deer hunter, they may think twice about messing with you in fear of gettin their asses shot! hmmmm not a bad idea, so i went back to the deer lol.