Let the Raptor Pilgrimage Begin!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blackened (the MetalliRaptor) is officially on the road heading towards its homeland! I'm currently heading to Detroit for Metallica's Orion Music and More Festival this weekend!

Other than getting to see some awesome rock shows and meeting up with a bunch of Metallica friends, I'm also going to make a trip over to the Dearborne plant for the factory tour on Friday. I've seen the Discovery type program on it. Can't wait to see it in person.

I should have most of the day Thursday free. Any good suggestions on other things that are a must see in the area?

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Very cool! Downtown D is not as bad as many people say. If you get bored, shoot me a PM. I'll be around

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slows Bar B Q, 2138 Michigan Avenue, Detroit, 313 962 9828 (xcellent BBQ)

Rattlesnake Club (pricy dining)

Henry Ford Museum while you are at the Factory Tour (not sure what's playing at the IMAX)

Greektown

Just some ideas.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe you are already there but here is some info for others as well.

I just did the tour on Wednesday and it was very interesting. My tip is to go early the first bus leaves the Henry Ford Museum at 9:20 and about every 20 min after that. The assembly line is stopped for lunch 12-1 that is why I went early. There are 5 or 6 stations to see and the factory is only one of them we spent about 2 hours at on the tour plus the 15 min bus ride there and back to Henry Ford.

It is self guided and you can linger at the assembly line for as long as you like I spent about 45 min on that part alone. The Raptor is built mixed in to the regular F150 production it is very cool how they do this.

Sorry I did not see this sooner hope you enjoy the city and the show on Belle Isle should be great. If the weather is nice on Fri or Sat night there are usually great cars to look at on Woodward Ave from 12 mile up to 15 mile road it is a popular and nationally known cruising spot.

OP
OP
Harblar

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... Made it back alive! What a Great Trip. Never made it to Hardcore pawn... Though I should have. They were taping and I bet I could've got my truck on TV. doh!

All in all though Fun Weekend. Anyone thinking of doing the Ford tour... Do it! Very cool! Even saw a few Raptors rolling off the assembly line. Hell Yeah!

Sounding like Orion will be in Detroit for a couple years, so I'll probably be heading back again. Will probably do the Ford tour again when I do. Very cool!