Let’s see about fitting these

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cptnslo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it’s already been done but figured f it. I picked these front live valves off a guy locally who buys storage units and sells the stuff. I got a fantastic deal of 200 bucks for both of them.
I just recently got my gen 2 with 92k miles and zero clue of whether the shocks have been rebuilt or what the potential situation is since carfax doesn’t show any dealer suspension replacement. The plan is to source a set of rears and then do the live valve delete and see about stealing the top hats and springs from my oem gen 2 kit and fitting it onto these. Not sure if it’s possible so if someone knows and can save me the time before I pull off my fronts and find out that the top hats don’t work I’d appreciate it. Otherwise let’s see how it goes. IMG_7539.jpegIMG_7538.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
cptnslo

cptnslo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You putting these on a 17-18 Gen 2 or Gen 1? SDI makes a kit that works with the live valve shocks on non live valve trucks. I would rebuild all 4 before installing though.
These will be on a 17 gen 2. I’m not super concerned about having the live valve function honestly and the e-click is definitely up there in price.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If not going SDI, I would just revalve the blue shocks. Belive the live valve go full hard (giggity) with no power on them.
yup, that or need the live valve delete by RPG which makes them act similar to the 17-18 shocks

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just don't understand buying live valve just to make them act thensame as the blues. Just buy new blues or rebuild current ones. Less of a headache to deal with.
plus i seem to see far more blues than the live valves, slight caveat is i see more new live valve ones though.
rock auto i think has the blue ones iirc

OP
OP
cptnslo

cptnslo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
plus i seem to see far more blues than the live valves, slight caveat is i see more new live valve ones though.
rock auto i think has the blue ones iirc
I have not seen the blue ones on rockayto unless they’re listed under a different name

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just don't understand buying live valve just to make them act thensame as the blues. Just buy new blues or rebuild current ones. Less of a headache to deal with.
Totally agree, the blue shocks on 17/18’s when properly gassed and with good seals ride like a dream. In some instances I prefer 18’ ride like on the highway. Otherwise it seems like a complete circle jerk with zero gains…