LED bar needed on 2013?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had planned to put an ADD stealth winch on my 2013, and thought I'd put a 40" LED bar in the loop, and maybe some D2's or similar lower for lateral illumination.

But the HIDs in this thing are crazy bright and shine quite a distance on high. The lateral illumination even on low is excellent - better than any factory headlights I've seen.

So, my question is, do you all think an LED bar is warranted with the HIDs?

I'm starting to think it really wouldn't help much, especially since it wouldnt be any higher than the headlights.

I will definitely install a couple of the Outlaw hood light mounts, to get some lights elevated above the headlights (for tall grass, etc). I'm just really starting to question the need for the LED bar.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One word - yes.

When you turn the LEDs on you forget your headlights are even on.

BTW, I have a 40" and 20" LED bar.

OP
OP
blockdoc

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That settles it then. Thanks for the feedback. I'll proceed as originally planned. (40" bar, duallies or D2's, and hood mounted lights)

Should be able to light up an airport runway.

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Factory HID's don't have enough width close in to the truck. Taking tight turns at night you are turning into the dark.

kscarguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, I have a 13 and the LEDs on my truck make the HID's look like 25Watt bulbs in my house

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2012 headlights retro-ed with LS460 projectors equipped with Osram CBI bulbs and 50W ballasts, generally considered the best headlight option available for the Raptor. And even with these my 21" Vision-X Xmitter Xtreme lower grill LED Lightbar is WAY brighter.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 13 also and I put a Stealth with 40", 2 sets of D2s, a 30" behind the grill and hood mounts on before the SnoBall. Stock lights are awesome but, the others were necessary too. Only thing I noticed is I might put brighter hood lights on. My 4500 HID's don't help any more than headlights. I agree with others, never too much light. My wife even said we should upgrade lighting after the snow run.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2