Leaking oil pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rngrjcw275

Reaction score
IMG_2905.jpeg
Apparently a ongoing issue that still has no recall, although if you have to change your gasket the whole assembly is to be changed.. Takes 5 hrs according to the shop, service manager showed me all the steps, definitely would pay someone to take care of all..

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well known and documented issue. The real fix is converting it to the metal oil pan that ford changed to in late 2018 or early 2019. Redoing the plastic pan is like hammering yourself in the balls all day.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Well known and documented issue. The real fix is converting it to the metal oil pan that ford changed to in late 2018 or early 2019. Redoing the plastic pan is like hammering yourself in the balls all day.
well... Yes, the metal pan seems to be more forgiving in the replacement. The issue with the plastic pan isn’t necessarily the part, it’s following the install or repair procedure TO-THE-LETTER or it won’t take.
I thought the repair procedure required a 24 hour ‘cure’ before adding oil. Someone on here probably has the procedure.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they even look at mine when they change my oil. I don’t have any spots on the driveway though so probably is fine.