GEN 1 Leaf spring U-bolts hitting bump stop frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Anyone? @svc? I'm scratching my head here, any idea what is the reason for U-bolts hitting it?

Probably hit too hard few times and that moved bump stop frame up. I was thinking to weld it to frame so it won't move again. just not sure is it good idea. Any thoughts? Still need to find out first whats wrong with it.

Thank you.

Call my cell direct please! 9516754118

D

Deleted member 12951

It did go different position due hard hits probably. I have oval hole where stock bump stop was so if you do hit too hard it can move. They have additional piece that you can add there. I will add that and few tag welds to lower part of the frame just in case for those oh shit moments.

I wasn't aware that the SVC doesn't wrap fully around the frame like some other brands do, so can see how it could move if hit hard. But why is it hitting in the first place, is there not enough PSI in the bump shocks?

Fb73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK for the oval hole story that moved bump kit frame up after taking some hard hits (and I can attest that @JanT did put that truck to work lol)...

But if the U bolts are already hitting the frame, how could you go +2" of uptravel in extreme offroad mode ? I don't get it