Kooks DP, AFE intake, tubo adapters, SP 542 plugs and coolant temp question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its hard to tell from the pics but is that afe intake open to the engine bay or does it only draw air from the top like the stock airbox? If nothing else i would swap the stock box back on and drive it before running out and buying more parts to possibly compound the issue.

It’s dual filter with a lid. Re uses the bottom of the stock box, has the housing the 2 filters sit in, and a lid. Pulls air from the stock location. But it’s not 100% sealed though. I can see small gaps in it.

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well not being totally sealed you will be drawing in hot air from the engine bay but doubt that would cause your concern. Having said that, its very easy to swap back to the stock intake to make sure you rule it out.

OP
OP
O

Onemoosehorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well not being totally sealed you will be drawing in hot air from the engine bay but doubt that would cause your concern. Having said that, its very easy to swap back to the stock intake to make sure you rule it out.

Yeah it’s sealed about the same as the factory box. I’m going to swap it out and see what happens.