KMC Enduro Beadlocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased 5 of these wheels about 2-3 months ago, and when I began bolting down the ring with the tire seated, the bolts stripped out at 10-15ft/lbs. KMC specifies 20-24ft/lbs as the tourque spec required to hold the tire on.

A couple things

-YES, I know how to mount beadlocks!

-I only mounted two untill i said these things are F'ed

-My money was returned to me. However i did provide a note from a local, trusted machine shop that showed the minimum diameter of most of the holes as well out of tolerance, I had the strong feeling if i hadn't provided that letter, and some pictures, and drawn all over them in sharpie showing the stripped holes, some of my money wasn't going to be returned to me (because of a couple phone conversations) .

-I am out of pocket several hundred dollars due to the fact that i began dismounting all my tires in preparation for the new wheels and tires.

-I have 37s on my truck that now rub the upper A-ARM because i don't have the necessary offset with the stock wheels, also , tore my IWE line, which caused a CV boot failure ( I know i shouldn't had gone offroading but the trip had been planned well in advance, as well as I had given myself plenty of time to complete these mods before, but ultimately the damage was my fault)

- I had to wait 2 weeks for these wheels( and almost $1700), 2 weeks to find out if I was getting my money back, now middle of November till i get my Methods.

No comment is necessary on this, just letting you guys know my experience.

Last edited:

Cerberos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
<I edited out my original comment as it is no longer relevant. Thanks WSI.>

Last edited:

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn! I was seriously thinking about getting this rim as well. I read a lot of good reviews about them and can get them for about half the price of other bead locks. I won't question your method of instal but could any striped thread not be repaired easily with a Heli-coil, although 38 threads per rim would be a lot if you wanted to strengthen all of them. Are you going to be going with another brand or have you given up on beadlocks. Just wondering has anyone had this problem with the Method beadlocks?

OP
OP
Allied Offroad

Allied Offroad

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could definetly heli-coil all the holes (literally every hole on every wheel), but for the amount of money i spent, i didn't feel as if that was my job to do that. Beadlocks are a risk to begin with, (a risk i was willing to take) so if the quality control wasn't there to begin with , i just didn't trust the wheel after that.

I honestly didnt want beadlocks, i just really liked the way these looked, and i really wanted it in a sim beadlock, but they don't have the bolt pattern for our truck.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Keep us updated on the IWE and CV boot repairs.

Also, if you don't already have one, a Machinery's Handbook would make a great addition to your shop.

Joe

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
ha same problem iwe and cv.
anyways onto the rim, i googled kmc enduro beadlock reviews and most were positive.
maybe you ran into bad luck?
sucks i was just about to order these rims too.