JLT oil separator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't need a heat gun. The fittings are stiff but they will swivel.

I was able to swivel the fittings but didn't have much luck. The heat gun was to try and bend the hoses some. I will try working on the fittings some more tomorrow before I go after the hoses.

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it. I was just swiveling the end fittings that have the connectors. I should have also been spinning the hoses where they attached to the JLT body. When I took it off I saw that the short hose already had a bend to it so I spun it 180 degrees and then spun the connector fitting around to line up with the port on the intake manifold. Did the same thing for the hose and fitting that connects to the valve cover. My mistake may have been watching the JLT install video as it took the guy about 20 seconds, he obviously had his hoses and fittings all spun the right way to start with.

20140321_193726.jpg

20140321_193746.jpg

OilPatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drained mine again after 500 miles and got a few ounces. What's so much better about the rev extremem other than capacity? Will it trap more? Or is it just for convenience? I have yet to see any proof it works better, just opinions. I have no brand loyalty in this, I'd rather get the best one, but I dont see any proof that one is better than the other. They all seem to do the job, the JLT just has to be drained often.

I just installed my RX today on the truck, this is the first time I have ran any type of oil separator on a vehicle so I have no brand loyalty either. The main reason I went with the RX is that you could place a good amount of distance from the inlet and outlet, internal baffles & separators, and the fact that it had a drain valve.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wolf, Glad it worked out for you! You had me worried about using the heat gun around plastic fittings and flammable liqiuds. I should have gotten black!
OilPatch, any pics of your set-up?

Toonz

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the JLT can for the S/C trucks (mounts differently) on a non S/C truck? I like the mounting location better, just not sure if the hoses will work on a non S/C truck.

sandtrooper29

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1399222083397.jpg just over 3 teaspoon in can between 5000 mile oil change. 15000 miles on Truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk