JLT oil separator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Got mine last night with GT500 instructions. Thanks to going off of DST, I won't be able to get this installed until the weekend.

Tucker

Reaction score
Sorry guys, no offence on the Mustang discription, but all our separators are the same.

Glad your getting them and please report your results.

Just pull out the original and install the new one, done.

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, no offence on the Mustang discription, but all our separators are the same.

Just to get this straight. Im to remove the large screen from the large hole (TB side) and insert the small screen into the small hole (valve cover side)? So I wont be using the large screen at all.

BMart

FRF Resident Artist
Reaction score
Just to get this straight. Im to remove the large screen from the large hole (TB side) and insert the small screen into the small hole (valve cover side)? So I wont be using the large screen at all.

That's correct.

Anyone know why we have to pull the old screen out? I'm assuming it restricts airflow too much? IMO, this new screen seems a bit like a temporary band-aid. I'm afraid it will just pop right out if it encountered anything more than 5-8psi of air pressure coming through there, or it might even wiggle out from off-road vibrations (it is well oiled after all). It also seems strange that the fix was this small filter, instead of just flipping the can 180 degrees on the system, so that the I/O ports swap flows (perhaps the internals are more complex than I'm thinking they are?).

Regardless, big props and thanks go out to JLT for not only doing the R&D and upgrading existing products, but doing it all for free. Thank you for looking out for your customers. That's what gains my future business, even if I don't install this particular update.

Battlefront

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sounds good. Thanks for clarifying. And a big thanks to JLT for sending us out the upgraded screen.
I will be installing it tomorrow.