iPod quit playing this week

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadeye99

Reaction score
As the title says my iPod shows up on my sources and so do the song titles and covers but it won’t play.
It plays fine if I unplug it. I’ve tried changing settings but I’m at a loss. It’s worked flawlessly for 8 months now. 2020 802a. Thanks in advance.

Mariners Fan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might see if there's a Sync update available for your truck. I don't know that it'd make any difference. I had troubles with my iPod playing through my '12 F150 so haven't even bothered trying in my Raptor. The software for iPods is so out of date that soon the only way to listen to it will be with headphones....

r8ders

Reaction score
As the title says my iPod shows up on my sources and so do the song titles and covers but it won’t play.
It plays fine if I unplug it. I’ve tried changing settings but I’m at a loss. It’s worked flawlessly for 8 months now. 2020 802a. Thanks in advance.
There was a iOS update in the last few days so that may have affected the sync.
I haven't seen this issue yet but you can see if doing a complete shutdown and reboot of you iPod. If that doesn't work you can possibly try deleting and repairing the iPod to your truck

dsg2003mach1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
granted my truck is old but I frequently had issues with my iPod, typically a hard reboot of the ipod or Sync reset then reconnecting the iPod would resolve it. When it finally died it turns out Im much happier just streaming from my iPhone.

Dboelens

Reaction score
I had a fancy CD player put in mine, I should 2 of them. Had them hooked up by an auto stereo place. First 1 worked a month the next worked for a couple of days. I was told something in Ford Sync didn't like them....It would show up on screen but no play.

OP
OP
deadeye99

deadeye99

Reaction score
That’s the strange thing. It hooked up with no problems and worked for many months and then just stopped working this week. Old iPod so no iOS update.