iPod in glove box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mjolnir

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tood today to mount my iPod into my glove box. I know there is a great thread:
[URLk"http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f12/**updated**-sync-secondary-usb-installation-guide-5452/"]http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f12/**updated**-sync-secondary-usb-installation-guide-5452/[/URL]

on how to wire up this area, but I have a few updates.

Update 1 - USB gender changer - okay, so finding one of these sucks, and I do worry about noise entering the system a little.

I found this cool wire at my local CompUSA for $20:

iPodmounting1.jpg

it has multiple ends, including the needed mini USB and Male end USB

One other nice part is because it's a little wider, it fix very snug into the plug location in the center top of dash:

iPodmounting2.jpg

After this I fed the cable down the inside of the dash and behind the glove box (which you can open fully by pressing in on the release tabs in the upper left and right of the glovebox when open:

iPodmounting4.jpg

from here I drilled a 5/8" hole in the right corner side of the interior glove box. 5/8" is just wide enough to get the connector through, then you get get a grommet to clean the hole up (mine is on order)

From here you connect the male end to the cable, then connect your iPod synch cable:

iPodmounting3.jpg

After this, you'll see it lays very nice in the glove box:

iPodmounting5.jpg

all the manuals still fit in okay, and USB2 on the Sync system does charge the iPod as well.

enjoy -

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
Thats where mine is. But I didn't do any drilling. Just a micro usb to standard usb adapter on the head unit. Then my iPod wire plugs to that and goes right down into the glove box. Best and easiest mods ever. I hated seeing that white wire all the time by the shifter. Why is there an MP3 holder in the center console, yet no plug?

GvegasRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats where mine is. But I didn't do any drilling. Just a micro usb to standard usb adapter on the head unit. Then my iPod wire plugs to that and goes right down into the glove box. Best and easiest mods ever. I hated seeing that white wire all the time by the shifter. Why is there an MP3 holder in the center console, yet no plug?

Amen!