Intercooler fans not coming on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

viperbluelx

Reaction score
My new to me 2019 I just noticed the intercooler fans never kick on. What temp should they kick on at and is it based on IAT or manifold temp? It’s 95° and I drove it home 30 minutes and they still don’t run.IMG_1637.jpeg

peavey02

Reaction score
You cant really hear those fans kick on, unless they are broke or covered in mud. (like mine) The fans aren't going to lower your manifold charge temp but they will lower the IAT. Mine kick on at 130 and only run for about 10 seconds, even shorter once you start driving. Make sure the covers in front of the intercooler are opening up and if you want to lower your manifold charge temp, hit the gas. haha. if you are driving it like a race car then idling at a stop light. The manifold charge temp will go way up. Get a new intercooler, it will help out a lot with the manifold charge temps.

Also, make sure the fans are plugged in. It will also give a code in the truck if they aren't working. It wont give you a check engine light though.

OP
OP
V

viperbluelx

Reaction score
You cant really hear those fans kick on, unless they are broke or covered in mud. (like mine) The fans aren't going to lower your manifold charge temp but they will lower the IAT. Mine kick on at 130 and only run for about 10 seconds, even shorter once you start driving. Make sure the covers in front of the intercooler are opening up and if you want to lower your manifold charge temp, hit the gas. haha. if you are driving it like a race car then idling at a stop light. The manifold charge temp will go way up. Get a new intercooler, it will help out a lot with the manifold charge temps.

Also, make sure the fans are plugged in. It will also give a code in the truck if they aren't working. It wont give you a check engine light though.
I forced them on with my scan tool to verify they work. I just got a tune from MPT so they run more often and kick on earlier now too.