Installing helper leaf

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question: can a helper leaf be added to the spring pack without removing it from the truck?

I've had a helper spring leaf (adds 800 lb) sitting in the shop for several years and plan on putting it in this year. I have always had at least 500 lbs ++ of stuff in the box. This would make towing easier too, which I do a fair amount of.

I don't do hard off roading. This truck does go off road, but hunting and fishing! It was why I bought it.

PoolManRaptor87

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm ordering this kit next week.
Screenshot_20230811-010903.png
I haven't found any members with a personal experience with AAL besides someone adding a custom leaf a long time ago.
You 100% WOULD need to remove each leaf spring pack to add a leaf to them tho.
It's only a couple bolts, nothing to fear

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've added a leaf right under the main leaf on several of my older trucks and never removed the entire spring pack. Where I live, after about 3 years the only way you're getting the eye bolts out is with a torch or Sawzall, and then replacing the eye bushings when you're done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter