Installed new model TurboSmart BOV kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me. It’s definitely the crimp on the CEL eliminator. I had to strip some of the wires so the crimp would make contact. I think since those wires are so thin the crimp doesn’t cut all the way through.

Thanks, I was hoping it was an easy fix. I'll report back once I can get back under there.

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank again Ray that worked. Anyone doing this make sure to splice the wire before CEL eleminator cable goes on. The connector have very little bit to penetrate the plastic. They tell you to force on them but anymore force I would’ve broke the connectors. Save yourself some time and splice the cable. It sucks taking the skid plate off twice for this.

ReyLorenzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank again Ray that worked. Anyone doing this make sure to splice the wire before CEL eleminator cable goes on. The connector have very little bit to penetrate the plastic. They tell you to force on them but anymore force I would’ve broke the connectors. Save yourself some time and splice the cable. It sucks taking the skid plate off twice for this.

Glad it worked out!

roby

Reaction score

after you stripped the coating off the wires from the factory plug, did you still use the CEL crimp to connect it to the wire? I was thinking about stripping the wire and removing the CEL delete clamps, and crimping everything together.

ss_raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
after you stripped the coating off the wires from the factory plug, did you still use the CEL crimp to connect it to the wire? I was thinking about stripping the wire and removing the CEL delete clamps, and crimping everything together.

Yes I still used the CEL crimp.

Intricate

Reaction score
I had the same issues getting the adapter onto the manifold. Small issue but it was tight. I changed the horn on the discharge to a hose adapter and routed the discharge of the BOV back to the intake. I cut the hard plastic hose off the factory connector and used silicon hose to connect so I now Recirc just like factory. I also cut the connector end off the BOV harness and soldered the simulator onto the connector instead of using the crimp on splice garbage. I can always cut and solder back onto the factory harness later if I want to reverse. Only thing I noticed after the job was done is the vacuum hose that replaces the factory connection from manifold to back EVAP controller makes a sucking/vacuum noise now. As if I have a leak but I do not. If I remove the vacuum line and plug off it is quiet. Soon as I reconnect I get the noise. Will try a restricting orifice or larger hose as the factory line had a larger ID. It's very odd.

Eddie G

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the same issues getting the adapter onto the manifold. Small issue but it was tight. I changed the horn on the discharge to a hose adapter and routed the discharge of the BOV back to the intake. I cut the hard plastic hose off the factory connector and used silicon hose to connect so I now Recirc just like factory. I also cut the connector end off the BOV harness and soldered the simulator onto the connector instead of using the crimp on splice garbage. I can always cut and solder back onto the factory harness later if I want to reverse. Only thing I noticed after the job was done is the vacuum hose that replaces the factory connection from manifold to back EVAP controller makes a sucking/vacuum noise now. As if I have a leak but I do not. If I remove the vacuum line and plug off it is quiet. Soon as I reconnect I get the noise. Will try a restricting orifice or larger hose as the factory line had a larger ID. It's very odd.

Hello,

I just installed the Turbosmart bov on my 2018 raptor and I have the same symptoms regarding the ticking noise. Any updates on this? Thank you, Eddie.