Installed my Borla S and first impressions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No it's not additive...

But it is cumulative... and in some cases some mods become the platform for others.

I gave just example numbers to try to make my point, but I think it is not unlikely for maturation of the platform to see 550-575bhp on the stock turbos.

Oh dude, it just doesn't work that way, it's just not that easy. Horsepower gains are not additive, in other words a muffler adds 12 hp and a CAI adds 12 so you must have at least 24 right?... wrong, it's the combo, that might increase the power, but I'll bet it's not 25 hp, the actual number is probably much more modest. Ford or any manufacturer would never leave that much power on the table. CAI only works if it's delivering cold air, with a ram air setup, not just recirculatied engine compartment air. Most factory air boxes already deliver more air than the engine can use, there's very little power to be found in a cone filter. Be wary of chassis dyno claims.

RUFdriver

Reaction score
100 hp increase with the stock turbos is plausible, but it will probably require cat bypass and a full tune. And there goes the warranty....and it's a 6000# truck. But I agree the 3.5 HO EB is a great platform.