I'm taking my Raptor in a different direction...rock crawler build!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
them RCs are freakin insane, they got actual driveshafts and axels and shit. just wasted 6min of my life watching their clip of one driving around rocky terrain

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How fast these things go?

12' Race Red Raptor SCAB (Loaded to the max!)
SCABS are faster!!
08' SeaDoo RXP-X Clockin' 80+ GPS

Depends, you can adjust the gearing.

If you aren't up on brushless performance, do yourself a favor and poke around on YouTube. Electrics have really stepped up the last few years. I have several RC's, it turns into an addiction, lol.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I got an emaxx that can do 70 + MPH. Pretty bad ass. I wanna sell and get the slash wit a raptor body tho. Silver of course...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I got an emaxx that can do 70 + MPH. Pretty bad ass. I wanna sell and get the slash wit a raptor body tho. Silver of course...

Why not just buy the Raptor body and modify it to fit your Emaxx? The Emaxx is a much better platform in my opinion and has a huge avalible aftermarket parts.

As for speed, most rock crawlers aren't designed or geared to run that fast compared to something like a basher which is all out. They also tend to use spools which lock the axles together. Spools help big time on rock crawling but are a PITA for normal driving. I put some in my Revo and had hell keeping the thing straight at high speeds. So it really depends on what you plan on doing.

Steele16

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crawlers and scale crawlers like that SCX10 aren't very fast... you could definitely get a short course like an SC10 or SC10 4x4 with a Raptor body and make it fast though

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why not just buy the Raptor body and modify it to fit your Emaxx? The Emaxx is a much better platform in my opinion and has a huge avalible aftermarket parts.

I might do that. I just like how the slash looks. It looks more like the real thing. Plus I think its more fun for bashing. I don't race or anything just bash. The slash has a ton of after market support now too. I'm in the middle. I probably will just hang on to the emaxx and put the raptor body on it but I let a few people know I wouldn't mind parting with it for the right amount.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
My 1/16th E-Revo will run 50mph which is insane for its size. Electric RC cars have come a long way.