If any of you guys are still on the fence....a short story

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6gun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened just last evening....a short story....

Along with my 2011 Raptor and a couple of other cars, I own a 1996 GMC Yukon 4x4 GT, which I am selling. Guy calls, wants to meet to look at the GMC. Son and I take it to a local strip mall to meet "George" and his buddy and hopefully make a deal. Left the Raptor in the garage. While we were walking around the Yukon, I happen to mention that one of the reasons I am selling the Yuk is that we bought an F150 a while ago and don't need the GMC any longer..... Hearing "F150" both George and his buddy wrinkle their foreheads and mumble something like "EWWW FOOORD " in unison....with this, I strategically insert the word "RAPTOR." Both guys demeanor immediately change to resemble something akin to "Wholey shit man, we adore Dodge and Chevy, but when it comes to bad ass trucks, WE GOT NUTHING!" My son and I look at each other and just laugh...out loud. These guys knew they had just been owned. This experience is not unusual...and after several years of Raptor ownership, this truck always puts a smile on my face and sometimes an audible LOL. And...no, we didn't make a deal on the GMC.

Steve-O

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love it when that happens. I always tell people I have "just an F150" and they give me shit about owning a Ford. Then they find out its a raptor and everything changes. Best one yet was when I pulled in a buddy of mines driveway and one of his friends was working on his C10. Never met this guy before and the first thing he says to me is "Thats a nice ass Ford, and thats not something you see too often." I knew right away we'd get along pretty good. Haha

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'll have to start using the F150 line. Then when people see it they'll be like wtf mate...

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I tell people it's a Raptor from the get go. Their immediate response is "how much did you pay for that??

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Az Scooter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other guys always have to bring down Ford's to get them on their level. As for Raptors, I know a bunch of people that "Are thinking about" getting one. I.E. They can't get it past the CFO.
Everyone I meet drools on my truck, even people that aren't car people. It is great.

Cruisin67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My best friend and his dad are Chevrolet fanatics. They were talking about my truck one day.

Friend's dad: "Why didn't he buy a Chevrolet?"

Friend: "When Chevrolet starts making a truck that looks that good, he might buy one."

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I stopped by a friends house last week. He'd never seen a Raptor or even heard of one. He looked it all over, right down to almost crawling under it. He hopped in the drivers seat and I showed him all the stock stuff.

Then he asks me WHO BUILT IT????? I said Ford, duh!! He said no, who did all the mods?? (he's an old hot rodder, mostly sand dune machines) When I said there were no mods, it's a FORD Raptor and that's how they are built, it totally blew him away. I think he might be looking for one now!!