Icon Suspension @ SDHQ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rat

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance on this....

Is the Hydraulic Bump Control in the Front Shock? Or is this a supplemental Bump Stop on the rear that goes with the frame reinforcement....

I thought of another way to try to help you. When you look at a bottle jack look at the size of a 1 ton jack compared to a 20 ton jack. It's fluid dynamics, I have no idea about it but that's the area this falls into. If you have any experience with press brakes or sheers or any hydraulic cylinders that helps. Along the lines of absorbing energy, if that makes sense ?

Larger shocks = more fluid = more displacement of energy ? We need that guy that figured out the frame bending formula to explain it.

McCredie a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you find these shocks to help with bottom out issues enough to help prevent the frame damage that has been occuring?

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Figured I would bring this thread back up since it is over a year old... Others have finally taken notice to what we have been preaching for a while.. Icon makes some bad ass parts for your Raptors!!

Besides what info we have given before, here is some more to help you guys with your decision...

• Icon has a compression adjuster for fine tuning the ride.
  • Full size 3” piston. This is the main piston that operates the entire stroke of the shock
  • Position sensitive. An additional internal bump shock for the last 3” of travel to control bottoming and kicking. This bump shock is split into (2) 1.5” zones, when combined with the damping of the main piston this gives 3 zones in both compression and rebound all with unique characteristics appropriate for that range of travel.
  • Unlike an internal or most external bypass shocks that starts with overly stiff piston valving then "defeat" the piston by "Bypassing" fluid trough a hole or pop off valve the ICON system creates position sensitive control by adding piston area when force is needed rather than subtracting from an overworked small piston to make ride tolerable. In bottoming zones the ICON system has 119% more working piston area than an internal bypass and 49% more in the ride zone
  • Digressive rebound. The main 3” piston incorporates digressive piston geometry. This allows the shocks to have better low speed control without compromising high speed flow. this creates better stability in a fast lane change type of maneuver and quicker chassis recovery from large hits.
We always have these bad boys in stock here @ SDHQ... No waiting... No drop shipping...

PM us for the best possible pricing on the coilovers, bypasses, or the whole system for your Raptor! We are here to get you guys hooked up with the good stuff...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter