Icon RXT Rear Shocks and Rear Springs In Stock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure when you move the can up on a non-Icon bump kit, you also consider the arm the can mount hangs on. This cantilever arm will also interfere with the top of the spring pack under full compression. Icon's bump kit takes this intoconsideration, as does SVC's new bump kit.

NorCalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure when you move the can up on a non-Icon bump kit, you also consider the arm the can mount hangs on. This cantilever arm will also interfere with the top of the spring pack under full compression. Icon's bump kit takes this intoconsideration, as does SVC's new bump kit.

Excellent point!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another issue I see we may have with the RXT spring and a non-Icon bumpstop kit is with the spring clip just after the axle. It'll perhaps hit the bumpstop frame mounting bolt that fits in the back frame hole. Icon's bump kit doesn't extend back this far, whereas most others' do - SVC, RPG, etc. It's been an interference issue with the WPG leafs before too on that back frame/bumpkit bolt head.
Here's my detailed visual...
Icon RXT setup.jpg

and my SVC setup with Deaver+2...
Deaver,SVC.jpg

Last edited:

NorCalRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another issue I see we may have with the RXT spring and a non-Icon bumpstop kit is with the spring clip just after the axle. It'll perhaps hit the bumpstop frame mounting bolt that fits in the back frame hole. Icon's bump kit doesn't extend back this far, whereas most others' do - SVC, RPG, etc. It's been an interference issue with the WPG leafs before too on that back frame/bumpkit bolt head.

Here's my detailed visual...

View attachment 64259

and my SVC setup with Deaver+2...

View attachment 64260

Great points thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
SDHQJASON

SDHQJASON

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The spring clips don't do anything other than prevent spring pack separation. Also keep in mind that springs don't move straight up and down like in your detailed visual. The form an "s" shape as they go through their travel. On down travel the springs travel forward a little bit; on up travel, they swing back. This is all due to the shackle.

Look at the picture of the of the Icon kit in your visual, notice how far forward the axle is? If the pack traveled straight up and down like your yellow line does, the axle would almost miss the bump stop.

Lastly, it appears that SVC removed your Deaver spring clip because of their bump kit design.

richardhead84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the RPG bump kit and I know for a fact that the spring clips do hit. I got a set of these springs from the SDHQ truck while at TRR this year and didnt cut the clips off. After a lap on the track on both sides both forward and aft clips were making contact with the bump kit and or hardware.

boarder1995

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The spring clips don't do anything other than prevent spring pack separation. Also keep in mind that springs don't move straight up and down like in your detailed visual. The form an "s" shape as they go through their travel. On down travel the springs travel forward a little bit; on up travel, they swing back. This is all due to the shackle.

Look at the picture of the of the Icon kit in your visual, notice how far forward the axle is? If the pack traveled straight up and down like your yellow line does, the axle would almost miss the bump stop.

Lastly, it appears that SVC removed your Deaver spring clip because of their bump kit design.

My crude paint illustration doesn't show the "S" path of the spring travel very well, does it? Agreed on the path. I remember others having this issue of the clip hitting that back bolt on the bump stop kits by some manufacturers. My spring pack came straight from Deaver without that back clip. Regardless, it's something to consider, so monitor it, and possibly remove that back clip if interference exists.