GEN 1 ICON Bump Kit - Hear me out...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tmp123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have the same issue but run kooks dual exhaust headers back. I called icon and they were not sure if there is clearance

OP
OP
votive

votive

Reaction score
i have the same issue but run kooks dual exhaust headers back. I called icon and they were not sure if there is clearance
I ended up going with only one middle support. I've jumped it twice since then and have put on around 5,000 miles of hammering on the bump stops with both off-road use and towing with no issues. Honestly you probably don't need the middle supports. The kit is built pretty beefy as it is.

Kaled

Reaction score
I was on the fence on purchasing the icon Bumstop and their leafs due to the clearance issue that I may face with magnaflow cat back exhuast ( see pic) , have the RXT 3.0 shock so I wanted everything to work in conjunction , but as you stated if it’s only the tensioners that get in the way and you can temporarily remove them until you adjust the exhuast system that will be great .

OP
OP
votive

votive

Reaction score
I was on the fence on purchasing the icon Bumstop and their leafs due to the clearance issue that I may face with magnaflow cat back exhuast ( see pic) , have the RXT 3.0 shock so I wanted everything to work in conjunction , but as you stated if it’s only the tensioners that get in the way and you can temporarily remove them until you adjust the exhuast system that will be great .
Yours looks like it’s similar to mine so it should work. Just have to leave the passenger side tensioner off.

My kit is still working great!
IMG_7031.jpeg

Kaled

Reaction score
Yours looks like it’s similar to mine so it should work. Just have to leave the passenger side tensioner off.

View attachment 446673

View attachment 446673

So if I don’t install the tensioners , reworked the exhuast to make room , is it easy to remount the tensioners in the future after the work is done ?

OP
OP
votive

votive

Reaction score
So if I don’t install the tensioners , reworked the exhuast to make room , is it easy to remount the tensioners in the future after the work is done ?
Yep, would probably take you 20 minutes. Excluding the time it takes to drop the spare