GEN 2 How to make upfitter switches hot all the time?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heffneil

Reaction score
They are 5A just like the manual says (you are correct)

1 - 15
2 - 15
3 - 10
4 - 10
5 - 5
6 - 5

Well then back feeding my other switches with power from 5 / 6 is a bad idea, no? Unless that power is activating the relay and I am misunderstanding the way this works really?

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well then back feeding my other switches with power from 5 / 6 is a bad idea, no? Unless that power is activating the relay and I am misunderstanding the way this works really?

Probably a little misunderstanding. You're not "back feeding" anything by doing this. The upfitter switches don't handle the full rated power. They are only triggering the relays in the distribution block under the hood. Also, doing this mod doesn't change the factory 15/10/5 amp factory rating of each switch.

heffneil

Reaction score
Probably a little misunderstanding. You're not "back feeding" anything by doing this. The upfitter switches don't handle the full rated power. They are only triggering the relays in the distribution block under the hood. Also, doing this mod doesn't change the factory 15/10/5 amp factory rating of each switch.

Thanks for the clarification. This basically is the powered used to close the relay.

I assume these trucks don't have some timing mechanism to notice a large draw if I am stupid enough to leave them on :)

heffneil

Reaction score
Im just reviewing this now that we clarfied but I thought we were stealing the power from 5 and 6 to run the first few switches. Isn't that easier?

soxfanjake

Reaction score
GUIDE - How to make upfitter switches hot all the time

IT WORKS! Okay, here's what you need to do (huge thanks to @Swarfworks for the video, help, PMs, and figuring this out in general - ALL credit goes to him)

Figured we need a new thread for this since I cannot find any information out anywhere for the Gen 2 Raptor. I installed LED warning lights (amber / white) and they need to be able to be left on when the truck is off, and walk away when parked, and this does it!

Check out this video that Swarf did here:

You'll want to get an ATR Micro2 add-a-fuse like this one when needing anything from constant power off the fuse panel near the passenger side door block:

Lumision FAST SHIPPING ADD-A-CIRCUIT ATR MICRO2 FUSE-TAP Add ON DUAL CIRCUIT ADAPTER AUTO CAR TERMINAL + 5 AMP Fuse

This one comes with a few extra fuses for $2 more, currently

Run that line up the passenger side A-pillar, UNDER the airbag in the headliner (not over it, you'll understand once you pull the trim out), across the headliner, and into the console where the upfitter switches are located. Once you get that in there, find the wiring harness that attaches at the back of the console where the upfitter switches are, and then Swarf mentions this:

And that's it! BOOM, my LED warning lights hooked to upfitter switch 6 works ALL the time now, no need for the truck to be in the on position or running. NICE.
SUCCESS!!! Thanks for the write up and video. Heads up for future modders, the hot wire for my 5 & 6 switch (2019) was one of 2 yellow wires. Wish I could tell you which, but I just cut one and tried it, and got lucky.

Attachments

• 20230909_171523.jpg
    20230909_171523.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 6