How many more yrs do we have of the Ford Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We are SELLING OUR COAL to China! We have clean coal plants, at least in Colorado. But to "save the planet" we're shutting them down and letting China burn our coal in crappy, dirty plants. Then we get to breath the same air and eat the same mercury-tainted seafood. It's almost like we live on the same planet. If there ever was an issue that has corruption woven through it, it's the green revolution.

When green types hear about this, the usual response is that we're setting an example for the world to follow.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I actually heard that overpopulation argument from Elon Musk. I think he was talking more about how we're going to run into some serious issues if population decreases though, rather than giving credit to how we got where we are today.

How long does it take you to traverse 3 miles on I10 --OUTSIDE-- of Houston?
same question but within Houston?

Now we can talk about overcrowding. ;-)

DC metro is very much like this but worse in quite a few ways. There are just too many people for the real estate. Too many cars for the highways, too many houses for the land, and on and on. You need to go 20 miles, budget an hour or 90 minutes in rush hour - which is really 0600-0930, so not really an hour or 1600 - 1830.

If you've never driven an EV, try one out sometime just for fun. It literally feels like you have your own private roller coaster as the takeoff is just stunning (and exhilarating).
I get it, responsive go pedals are fun and you get to thumb your nose at gasoline fill up stations, Yay !
How much does your electric bill go up, particularly in light of the fun go pedal?

The problem with this train of thought, assuming climate change making the world uninhabitable for a moment, is that it's being paired with the idea that the US should slow and stop producing petroleum products, even though we have the capability to produce it cleaning then anyone else. Instead, Russia, Middle East, South America, will continue to produce 'dirty' energy, taking advantage of us getting out of the market instead of following our lead as people want to believe. Then there is China, which is happy to create more coal plants while selling solar panels to Americans.

static model thinking at its best. When the plane is leaking breathable air, and the O2 masks descend.
1) put your mask on
2) take care of your immediate family.
3) help others as possible & practical.

First thing we need to do is get us off of the foreign energy addiction, whatever energy that is. To get us off foreign oil, we need domestic oil FIRST.

Difference of opinion, respectfully, is a good thing. It's all the propaganda and hatred that others (not you ) are throwing around that ends up being a big turn off. I would rather see a hybrid Raptor than an EV...certainly not until they can greatly increase the range at a minimum.

Truth. And, who wouldn’t want a Raptor with stealth mode?
oops - forgot. Jen Juan drivers ;-)

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How long does it take you to traverse 3 miles on I10 --OUTSIDE-- of Houston?
same question but within Houston?

It varies greatly by time of day, day of the week, current events, and were exactly in or around Houston you happen to be. But I get your point.

Now we can talk about overcrowding. ;-)

DC metro is very much like this but worse in quite a few ways. There are just too many people for the real estate. Too many cars for the highways, too many houses for the land, and on and on. You need to go 20 miles, budget an hour or 90 minutes in rush hour - which is really 0600-0930, so not really an hour or 1600 - 1830.

Too many liberals.

static model thinking at its best. When the plane is leaking breathable air, and the O2 masks descend.
1) put your mask on
2) take care of your immediate family.
3) help others as possible & practical.

First thing we need to do is get us off of the foreign energy addiction, whatever energy that is. To get us off foreign oil, we need domestic oil FIRST.

Agreed You always stopping the bleeding before you look at fixing the larger problem.

Truth. And, who wouldn’t want a Raptor with stealth mode?
oops - forgot. Jen Juan drivers ;-)

I've been teaching my daughter how to drive. The other day she asked me how to rev the engine. She's not a big car person at all, but it brought a smile to her face.

A lot of that is after seeing 'The Batman' movie, where you could argue the best scene in the whole movie is when the batmobile revs up before you even see it. Ironic that an industry that wants to kill ICE would highlight that.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This. The price of everything(excluding fads, luxuries, collectibles) is a linear function of the embedded energy cost. A countries standard of living is a linear function of it's per capita energy use. Over the short term there will be price differences in the cost of different energy sources in different regions. In the long run, that all averages out. At the end of the day, a BTU is a BTU. When you spend more for an EV than you would for the equivalent ICE-powered vehicle, you're paying for the energy needed to make it. It costs less per mile to run because it's more efficient to generate the electricity in one big facility than in millions of separate places. And taxes on fuel. Tax rebates and incentives offset your cost, but the cost is the cost and all that does is transfer money from someone else's pocket to yours. If you want to minimize your footprint, reduce the number of BTUs you consume.
So, turn off your fridge! And your hot water tank! Don't forget your furnace while you are at it. Lets all go back to the stone age. Or, we use more fuel efficient appliances, which is where the term 90% efficiency etc comes from, instead of that old standing pilot furnace and hot water tank or gas fireplace. Progress into efficiency is the future, unless you want to camp in a tent the rest of your life. Just saying... This should be good, lol.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So, turn off your fridge! And your hot water tank! Don't forget your furnace while you are at it. Lets all go back to the stone age. Or, we use more fuel efficient appliances, which is where the term 90% efficiency etc comes from, instead of that old standing pilot furnace and hot water tank or gas fireplace. Progress into efficiency is the future, unless you want to camp in a tent the rest of your life. Just saying... This should be good, lol.

It takes energy to run the machines to make the tent. How dare you.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That worked so well with Russia that we should try it with China. ;)

It's almost as if Chinese leadership sets it economic plans based on whatever stupid thing America happens to be in to.

Climate change? Send them solar panels!
Social media? Send them tik tok!

I don't want to know what they are planning for the transgender trend.

Tibi Steri

Reaction score
Lots of the features that our cars now have, 30 years ago were considered Science Fiction. The remote for the TV was invented around that time (maybe more like 40 years ago?). I really believe EV is not the way to go. Just to spend all that time to build a charging infrastructure that will be outdated by the time it will be finished, makes no sense. We should just go nuclear! It is easy, we just need to keep those tiny atoms in control; we can definitely do that with our government and with the amazing power of our free media. Think about the advantages! There will be no need to build a charging infrastructure because those nuclear engines will run for a really long time on a single charge. If there will be deadly accidents, will be no need to cremate the victims, that will be done in a split second as there will be no victims or cars left to be found. This way accidents will also no longer create traffic jams and the relatives will have more time and money left to go on with their lives. The rest of the drivers will just have to go around a big hole in the ground until the Road Repair Service will fix it. On the negative side there will be a small mushroom cloud and some radioactive materials left around but that is nothing compared with our current pollution problem caused by the gasoline engines. The radioactive stuff left can be turned into a positive thing as it can be used to make the roads fluorescent at night so... no more light posts needed, the streets will be safer and even more electricity will be saved at the end of the day. You could use your car as an auxiliary power source for your house or you can buy a car just to use it as a main power source for your house and for emergency grocery trips only. That is going green all the way, green like the tritium sights! Well... I could continue but I need to go back to work now.

Last edited:

windsor

Reaction score
I have my opinion on electric cars. But right now, I'm content, if we do both and let the consumer decide. I will say this though, I draw a very big line, when our government says we have to drive electric cars and outlaws ICE vehicles! They will have to take my 1949 ford f1, my dad and I restored, over my cold dead body surrounded with brass shell casings!