Hill climbs suck when you can't defeat stability control

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mikee Martin

SVC. Krazy House Customz. JDM. Seaside Superbikes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. You can not turn off this Roll Control ****. At Pismo last weekend. Every attempt to disable the power loss is futile. If you lean the truck to the side while sandbowling it cuts the power and causes the vehicle to rol$l. The front end slides down and the vehicle will roll, I call it roll auto mode always on. Ford you need to let us eliminate all aids, they dont work for hard core 4-wheel drive and ruin this bas *** truck. Please call me Ford Motor Co. I will show you that this truck is not off road safe and must be fixed, especially when it costs $70,000. If you drive on flat surfaces and dont try to pitch it sideways, leaning over again pulling the power off and causing you to loose control, it is ok for drag racing. This truck has too many electronics. Yes, I know to hold the button for 5 seconds, used every range selection, understand that you push the 2/4 wd button to lock the rear end, only works in 4wd (that is ****** as well)...Ive owned the truck for 2 years and spent 10gs on tuning, suspension, ect and am so pissed off, no one at Ford understands any of this legitimate problematic electronic ****

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same thing happened to me going up a wet loose rock and dirt hill with a ton of spinning even with TC fully off the power dies and momentum is no longer your friend, can’t remember exact details about the 4hi 4low thing but I know we tried everything, with a lot of spinning the wheels are going way faster than the actual speed of the truck

Mikee Martin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
same thing happened to me going up a wet loose rock and dirt hill with a ton of spinning even with TC fully off the power dies and momentum is no longer your friend, can’t remember exact details about the 4hi 4low thing but I know we tried everything, with a lot of spinning the wheels are going way faster than the actual speed of the truck
It is so ****** when u have your pedal to the metal and the engine stops and you have to back down a half mile 60 degree hill climb...So much for the safety side of the electronics. I want to disable all of the aids, does anyone know how to?

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
It is so ****** when u have your pedal to the metal and the engine stops and you have to back down a half mile 60 degree hill climb...So much for the safety side of the electronics. I want to disable all of the aids, does anyone know how to?
Can someone tune this out possibly or on forscan?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol - I know you & many others could care less since you’re obviously intent on modding & using your raptor “as intended” - which is all fine & good, but it’s still a factory vehicle that’s designed to pass inspection & be driven on the street normally & safely like 99.9% of everything else on the road. It’s an awesome factory off-road vehicle, maybe the best all around- you want more? Mod it up. Want more than that? You want no stability control bud?

go ahead & get rid of it but don’t be surprised when you lose EVERYTHING if you get into an accident & severely hurt or kill someone on the street- hell, even a big multi-vehicle fender bender w/ no deaths but lots of lawsuits….find out your vehicle has the factory installed stability control disabled, things could get sideways fast (no pun intended but intended)

stability control is a requirement per the NHTSA- same as ABS & safety glass, all vehicles NEED to have it

the reason you can only full disable in 4L for the raptor is that’s strictly an off-road mode & cuts off above a certain mph anyhow

But to finally answer your question- yeah you can get rid of ALL of it. Guys w/ heavily modded cars do this all the time….it’s typical of race cars, you yank the factory ECM/TCM for aftermarket, the company Haltech comes to mind if you want to go that route.

course….at that point would’ve made a whole helluvalot of more sense to have just purchased an older F150 & gutted & built it from ground up since obviously warranty concerns went out the window a long time ago for ya….but that’s what it’d take to completely get rid of all electronic nannies all the time

Mikee Martin

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol - I know you & many others could care less since you’re obviously intent on modding & using your raptor “as intended” - which is all fine & good, but it’s still a factory vehicle that’s designed to pass inspection & be driven on the street normally & safely like 99.9% of everything else on the road. It’s an awesome factory off-road vehicle, maybe the best all around- you want more? Mod it up. Want more than that? You want no stability control bud?

go ahead & get rid of it but don’t be surprised when you lose EVERYTHING if you get into an accident & severely hurt or kill someone on the street- hell, even a big multi-vehicle fender bender w/ no deaths but lots of lawsuits….find out your vehicle has the factory installed stability control disabled, things could get sideways fast (no pun intended but intended)

stability control is a requirement per the NHTSA- same as ABS & safety glass, all vehicles NEED to have it

the reason you can only full disable in 4L for the raptor is that’s strictly an off-road mode & cuts off above a certain mph anyhow

But to finally answer your question- yeah you can get rid of ALL of it. Guys w/ heavily modded cars do this all the time….it’s typical of race cars, you yank the factory ECM/TCM for aftermarket, the company Haltech comes to mind if you want to go that route.

course….at that point would’ve made a whole helluvalot of more sense to have just purchased an older F150 & gutted & built it from ground up since obviously warranty concerns went out the window a long time ago for ya….but that’s what it’d take to completely get rid of all electronic nannies all the time
Good point. Thanks for your feedback. I agree with 95% of your suggestions (I would use MoTek for the electronic controls). I think you would feel differently if you felt the amount of control you loose when the truck looses accelerator pedal control. The truck works great for most everything minus steep grade and sideways action on dry pavement. If happy with my truck.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm totally cool with having no nannies. I've never rolled anything I've owned in 30+ years of driving. Disabled the TPM system when I got new tires last time around too.

Ford thinks all these preset modes are so great, and they are not. Simply having an on/off switch for each function is far superior.