Help me decide on behind the grill lightbar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
dark1024

dark1024

Reaction score
That looks like it sits higher (and may not block as much light) than the Rigid brackets. What brackets did you use and how high do they sit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I used the brackets that came with the light bar, I will measure them and let you know.

ZBoater

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used the brackets that came with the light bar, I will measure them and let you know.

Where did you attach them to? When I tried, the light bar ended sitting too far back and the fins would not let it sit back fat enough as they bumped against the radiator. I've seen some drill holes into the brackets that hold the bumper covers, but that puts the light slightly back a little more.

I kept my light brackets just in case. I'd live to see picks of how you mounted so I can copy it. :)

manny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is were I put my 40"
Upper grill
ate6y3yd.jpg
uby5atu3.jpg

OP
OP
dark1024

dark1024

Reaction score
On mine Noah had to remove the rubber supports, not sure how any of you had done the same, otherwise it would not fit, I'm just a little nervous if it will affect something when jumping
yme6aras.jpg
ze2u5uvu.jpg
a4eduma7.jpg
6y5yru5a.jpg

manny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I didn't want to risk weakening the grill support so I notched the luevers on the light bar itself to clear the tranny lines

LFtrip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On mine Noah had to remove the rubber supports, not sure how any of you had done the same, otherwise it would not fit, I'm just a little nervous if it will affect something when jumping
yme6aras.jpg
ze2u5uvu.jpg
a4eduma7.jpg
6y5yru5a.jpg

I actually cut the edges off the bumpers with a hack saw. Bumpers are still there and work just fine but I used the rigid brackets on my 40". I bought option one as well. I also put a 30" in the upper grille. Very pleased with the output for cheap lights.