Hello did the turbo adapter hold boost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
ok, may we see a picture of the Raptor?

Forum custom is that we presume you actually have a toyota prius, unless you prove otherwise.

Let’s help a ‘Brutha’ out here.

it sounds like he is asking; ‘have a Gen2, with turbo adapter’ - not sure if he means the blow off valve, or the adapters that go between the pipes and turbo here, but probably blow off ?

also ‘has a cobb intercooler, inlet pipe and intake’

is turbo boost dropping off?
Thank you for answer me exactly my car now opening 17 psi is that normal? Or I should tune it?

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
Maybe lost a boost tube? I understand English is not your first language so this is where a picture of your issue would help us out.

Help me, help you...
The is no issue I’m asking is that normal if my car is oping a 17 psi on factory blow off valve?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
17psi is pretty good. If I recall correctly, 16-18 psi is where the Factory turbochargers are happiest and most efficient. Boost over 18 psi will add a significant amount more heat. These turbos build boost very quickly, but they don’t have the overall potential of larger units, which spool up more slowly.

The good news is, you already have an intercooler and intake, so you would not need anything else but a tune. Keep in mind that you are in a pretty hot climate - like USA / Texas, Arizona, New Mexico type heat.

I would imagine in Kuwait you have ready access to high octane fuel, but, Ford has to design the truck to work 100% of the time in Nome, Alaska to Phoenix, Arizona and every climate in between and consider fuels from 87-93 octane, commonly available in the USA & Mexico.

so if you tune it, be conservative, especially for high temperature conditions.

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
17psi is pretty good. If I recall correctly, 16-18 psi is where the Factory turbochargers are happiest and most efficient. Boost over 18 psi will add a significant amount more heat. These turbos build boost very quickly, but they don’t have the overall potential of larger units, which spool up more slowly.

The good news is, you already have an intercooler and intake, so you would not need anything else but a tune. Keep in mind that you are in a pretty hot climate - like USA / Texas, Arizona, New Mexico type heat.

I would imagine in Kuwait you have ready access to high octane fuel, but, Ford has to design the truck to work 100% of the time in Nome, Alaska to Phoenix, Arizona and every climate in between and consider fuels from 87-93 octane, commonly available in the USA & Mexico.

so if you tune it, be conservative, especially for high temperature conditions.
perfect thank you so much for answering and exactly im in kuwait ad i will tune next month but I’m waiting for the downpipe