Headrest removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ash Keshavarz

Reaction score
Is there a trick to removing the headrests? Trying to install my Carhartt seat covers. I have the speakers in the headrests so I'm assuming I have to disconnect somehow.

Thanks

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Easily found on another forum through using Google. Not sure if I can link it cuz it's another F150 forum.

Essentially you have to dismantle the entire seatback upholstery, disconnect some wiring underneath for the airbag, and the speaker wiring midway up the back of the seat.

I installed BuiltRight seatback MOLLE panels and remind me never to do that again cuz it's a pain in the ass. 3/7 would not recommend but the panels are great

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Easily found on another forum through using Google. Not sure if I can link it cuz it's another F150 forum.

Essentially you have to dismantle the entire seatback upholstery, disconnect some wiring underneath for the airbag, and the speaker wiring midway up the back of the seat.

I installed BuiltRight seatback MOLLE panels and remind me never to do that again cuz it's a pain in the ass. 3/7 would not recommend but the panels are great
You can't be serious, though I know you are. I've never heard of a headrest not easily removable, except for the ones on my M5 that are not separate from the back of the seat which I dislike.