Has anyone installed an interchiller on their Gen2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbryant1004

Reaction score
Came across a video talking about forced induction interchillers for intercoolers and wondering if anyone in this community has done the mod on their Gen2 or if they have experience with them?

I live in Tampa so the summer months (June-December lol) are rough. I haven't upgraded the IC just yet, but wondering if an intechiller would be a better option?

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interchiller uses air to water intercooling air-conditioner brings water temp down quite bit from ambient. I have one on my 02 lightning . GEN 2 raptor air to air you would have to convert it air to water . It could be done but think cost would make it cost prohibitive . Best bet is look up co2 intercooler sprayer and spray inter cooler with co2. DEI makes kits. Another is spraying inter cooler with distilled water and get cooling effect from evaporation.
Came across a video talking about forced induction interchillers for intercoolers and wondering if anyone in this community has done the mod on their Gen2 or if they have experience with them?

I live in Tampa so the summer months (June-December lol) are rough. I haven't upgraded the IC just yet, but wondering if an intechiller would be a better option?

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've considered Water Methanol injection for a while but just haven't committed to it. I knew Matt Snow from Snow Performance. I think he moved after he sold his business though.

Edit: forum didn't like the shortened version of Methanol.

Brian Hudock

Reaction score
The Raptor R 7.3 will have air to water in the plenum and water to air in the grill. The result is predictable air temps and favorable fuel air ratios.
Air to air is cheap but less efficient. Water has 13 times more energy transfer capacity than air.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Raptor R 7.3 will have air to water in the plenum and water to air in the grill. The result is predictable air temps and favorable fuel air ratios.
Air to air is cheap but less efficient. Water has 13 times more energy transfer capacity than air.

So they are bringing back the old PowerStroke huh? :biggrin:

OP
OP
C

cbryant1004

Reaction score
Ooh... I may have to get in on that action if they do it right. Can't wait to see what it looks like and how it performs

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Listening to some Gale Banks /Adam Carolla podcast from 2019 he was talking about ecoboost 4 and 6 cylinder engines and said ford was also working on a twin turbo v8 as well. From 3:00 Min to 5:00 Min mark talking ford ecoboost.

Last edited:

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've considered Water Methanol injection for a while but just haven't committed to it. I knew Matt Snow from Snow Performance. I think he moved after he sold his business though.

Edit: forum didn't like the shortened version of Methanol.
I inject pure methanol directly into intake pipe about 18” down from the TB/MAF on my cammeded/blown/blueprinted C5Z & last time I took my intake manifold off it looked like an OCD maniac cleaned it 3 times over fwiw

Last edited:

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I inject pure methanol directly into intake pipe about 18” down from the TB/MAF on my cammeded/blown/blueprinted C5Z & last time I took my intake manifold off it looked like an OCD maniac cleaned it 3 times over fwiw
I inject **** about 8cm up from the taint then read the "hot" thread in here, now THAT is a rush!! :oops: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: