Has anyone installed a swarf works winch mount on their R?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys! Dang I guess I need to get on here more. I’m spending too much time on the FB groups these days.

Anyway, we did one on my friends ‘24 R last week. Our existing winch mount works great. I need to start including some shorter bolts for the fairlead as you can set it back in the bumper more than the previous generations. Which gives it a nice cleaner look.

The intercooler/heat exchanger… this is what has held it up. The factory intercooler is about half as think as the EcoBoost intercooler, but it’s still about the same height and width. This R cooler is water to air instead of air to air. So it’s gotta go. DBM just came out with a sweet new unit that replaces the factory intercooler AND trans cooler! So it’s definitely pricier than say a Cobb EcoBoost IC. But it makes the actual winch install very nice and possible.

Anyway, they’re up on our site now:

Thanks!
Paul

IMG_1726.jpegIMG_1745.jpeg
IMG_1776.jpeg

nd3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Reply!! One more question.. Have you started on the rear winch mount? I think I would like that better for my R..

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the Reply!! One more question.. Have you started on the rear winch mount? I think I would like that better for my R..

Yeah I hear you there. I say you either need to move the intercooler up front or move the spare tire to do the rear. I have a rear mount on my gen3, but need to finish up the covers for the box. Don’t have an eta yet but the rear is a great option.