Gorilla Lug Nuts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

antcap51

Reaction score
I just purchased gorilla lug nuts as the OEM are not the greatest. I believe Ford recommends the torque to be 150. I spoke to gorilla and they recommend their lug nuts to be between 90-100. Who’s correct?

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
I just purchased gorilla lug nuts as the OEM are not the greatest. I believe Ford recommends the torque to be 150. I spoke to gorilla and they recommend their lug nuts to be between 90-100. Who’s correct?
I've always followed the recommendation/advice from OEM of the part being installed, and curious - what not great about them (Ford lug nuts)?

OP
OP
A

antcap51

Reaction score
They are two pieces and the top cap is aluminum which can swell and become very difficult to remove. Google Ford swollen nuts!

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yep I ran Gorilla on my jeep for 14 years and ended up having to get 3 or 4 sets of them. They were the All Lugs are locking sets too so as they rusted and corroded, doing tire rotations became more of a pain in the ass. I would have to replace them once they looked terrible and I got worried one would get me stuck on the trail if I needed to change a tire.

Got the McGuard this time for the Gen 3 and they are much higher quality.