GEN 3 Official Aftermarket Wheels Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reesbridges

Reaction score
Well in light of the recent update to the wheels on ‘24 build tracker, confirming that I will not be receiving the wheels on my 37PP I was hoping to I am looking at wheel options. I have read through the entire thread. Forgive me if I missed this discussion. I plan to off road my truck enough to warrant a strong, lightweight wheel. It will be 17” and I plan to stay with a + offset.

Is there really a performance difference between any of the major brands that should sway my decision, or is this purely an aesthetics decision? For instance does the Bead Grip design perform significantly better than that of another major brand? Or, are there design features that I have not considered. I am currently considering Method, Innov8, and FP Forged.

Thanks for the help

reesbridges

Reaction score
Well in light of the recent update to the wheels on ‘24 build tracker, confirming that I will not be receiving the wheels on my 37PP I was hoping to I am looking at wheel options. I have read through the entire thread. Forgive me if I missed this discussion. I plan to off road my truck enough to warrant a strong, lightweight wheel. It will be 17” and I plan to stay with a + offset.

Is there really a performance difference between any of the major brands that should sway my decision, or is this purely an aesthetics decision? For instance does the Bead Grip design perform significantly better than that of another major brand? Or, are there design features that I have not considered. I am currently considering Method, Innov8, and FP Forged.

Thanks for the help
Really 168 pages of people asking if said tire/wheel will tear off their fender but no one has any input on the performance of any of these manufacturers or any other for that matter?

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the help
If you can swing a set of Innov8 that’s hands down the way to go for a robust wheel. Method has questionable coatings and I don’t know anything about FP Forged. Innov8 is top tier quality

Last edited:

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really 168 pages of people asking if said tire/wheel will tear off their fender but no one has any input on the performance of any of these manufacturers or any other for that matter
I've said a number of things many times. So much so I'll be annoyed with myself if I type it again.

That being said what are you considering "performance"?

reesbridges

Reaction score
I've said a number of things many times. So much so I'll be annoyed with myself if I type it again.

That being said what are you considering "performance"?
I would consider all things other than aesthetics to be performance but I should have been clear. As for a list: strength, build quality, ability to balance well, durability, finish quality, ability to hold a bead well at lower tire pressure, customer service, and maybe characteristics that I haven’t thought of. I have never owned any of these brands. Thanks for the question.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would consider all things other than aesthetics to be performance but I should have been clear. As for a list: strength, build quality, ability to balance well, durability, finish quality, ability to hold a bead well at lower tire pressure, customer service, and maybe characteristics that I haven’t thought of. I have never owned any of these brands. Thanks for the question.
I would think one of the wheel resellers would be able to answer this questions best.
That being said if the wheel meets US standards than it should be as durable as the next wheel that meets the same standard.
I guess finish and support would be a variable but I wouldnt expect to deal with support unless there is an issue.

Case in point I bought some Vossen wheels for a previous vehicle and I noticed the finish started peeling on one within a few hundred miles.
I sent that one back and they recoated it for free. Maybe two months pass and a few hundred more miles I notice the peeling on all four wheels.
I sent them all back and they again recoated for free and I asked them to cover my cost of mounting/dismounting which they did.
As soon I got them back I sold them because there's an obvious issue if this has happened twice and I didnt want to be their test dummy.

Other than the above example Ive never contacted support for a wheel and finishes have all been pretty good.
Just on this truck Ive have KMC, Method, Kansei and now RTR and they all have mounted/balanced just fine with good finishes.
The variable being the load they support. Pay attention to that if load concerns you. I believe the Kansei supported 2100 where the RTR's are 2500.

Oh and the RTR's weigh ~24lbs while KMC/Method were around 30.
Weight is important to me since the wheels directly affect acceleration, braking and gas mileage so to me lighter is the best option as long as it's equally as durable(safe).

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

reesbridges

Reaction score
I would think one of the wheel resellers would be able to answer this questions best.
That being said if the wheel meets US standards than it should be as durable as the next wheel that meets the same standard.
I guess finish and support would be a variable but I wouldnt expect to deal with support unless there is an issue.

Case in point I bought some Vossen wheels for a previous vehicle and I noticed the finish started peeling on one within a few hundred miles.
I sent that one back and they recoated it for free. Maybe two months pass and a few hundred more miles I notice the peeling on all four wheels.
I sent them all back and they again recoated for free and I asked them to cover my cost of mounting/dismounting which they did.
As soon I got them back I sold them because there's an obvious issue if this has happened twice and I didnt want to be their test dummy.

Other than the above example Ive never contacted support for a wheel and finishes have all been pretty good.
Just on this truck Ive have KMC, Method, Kansei and now RTR and they all have mounted/balanced just fine with good finishes.
The variable being the load they support to pay attention to that if load concerns you. I believe the Kansei supported 2100 where the RTR's are 2500.

Oh and the RTR's weigh ~24lbs while KMC/Method were around 30.
Weight is important to me since the wheels directly affect acceleration, braking and gas mileage so to me lighter is the best option as long as it's equally as durable(safe).

Hope this helps.
Yes. Thank you very much.