Gen 2 tranny is leaking pretty bad.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I just had a similar issue last week. We left for a multiple week long trip (in the truck) and on the 2nd day, when we stopped for gas I saw my dog had a some pink colored fluid under his snout. Had it not been for that, I might not have thought much about the REALLY good sized puddle under the truck. I probably would have thought it was already there and at best, would have thought it was condensation from the AC. As soon as I saw that I knew immediately what it was and where the problem stemmed from........the week before, when I took it in for a routine oil change the service advisor at my dealership told me there were 3 recalls showing as needing to be done. One was for the rear seat-belt, the other was for something with the rear door(s) and lastly....a transmission roll-pin!!!!!.
Long story short, we went from that gas station to a small dealership outside Mojave, CA. Turns out that, sure enough, it was the trans-pan gasket. Ford in their ultimate wisdom (and in order to save a few pennies) has instructed dealerships to RE-USE the transmission pan gasket. Thanks to this and thanks to the part needing to be overnighted, we spent the night, in our Airstream, at the nearby truck/travel center. They replaced the gasket the next day and have had no problems since. I can't even begin to tell you what a fiasco this would have been if this were to have happened even a day later. Exactly 24 hours later we would have been in Death Valley on a trail out in the middle of nowhere, without cell service (see pic).

So....if any of you go for this recall, make SURE you tell them to replace and NOT re-use the gasket, even if you have to pay for it. (I think it was like $20).

Raptor-led.jpg

Thanks for the warning, glad your trip wasn't derailed completely though it wasn't great to lose that one day.

Question - why do you have your LED lights on in bright sunlight? Just for the photo?

GM3SF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the warning, glad your trip wasn't derailed completely though it wasn't great to lose that one day.

Question - why do you have your LED lights on in bright sunlight? Just for the photo?

Yeah wasn’t ideal but definitely could have been worse.

It wasn’t as bright as it looks in the photos. Sun was going down and the trail we were on was taking us through some narrow slot canyons. (And either way.....they DID look great for the photo [emoji6])

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Low Oil Pressure

So I have had my truck for about 3 months now and on my way to work this morning I got on the pedal and all of a sudden the truck lost complete power! Has anyone here for sure figured out what the problem was? because after reading all this threads I'm lost and the damn dealer has no idea what caused it so now I have to drop it off tomorrow for them to do some research? Any tips would be helpful so I can kinda tell them what other people have experienced.

chrisk2361

Reaction score
So I have had my truck for about 3 months now and on my way to work this morning I got on the pedal and all of a sudden the truck lost complete power! Has anyone here for sure figured out what the problem was? because after reading all this threads I'm lost and the damn dealer has no idea what caused it so now I have to drop it off tomorrow for them to do some research? Any tips would be helpful so I can kinda tell them what other people have experienced.

This happen to me on numerous occasion. First time, dealer said it was a bad PVC so they replaced it. Few weeks later, it happen again. Dealer drained the oil and notice I was 2.5 qt short. They checked for leaks and didnt find anything. Last month, it happen again. Drained the oil and I lost another 2 qt. I have no leaks, no smoke coming out of tailpipe. They reached out to ford and ford said to replace the value covers. Apparently, the cover was not letting the oil drain back down to pan. They also stated that the turbos were dirty. So the valve cover was replaced. I'm back on the road. Truck is 2017 with 16500 miles. Been in the shop about 6 times in 15 months. Currently waiting for the 2019 GMC or dodge rebel to come out so I can trade this pos in for another truck.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This happen to me on numerous occasion. First time, dealer said it was a bad PVC so they replaced it. Few weeks later, it happen again. Dealer drained the oil and notice I was 2.5 qt short. They checked for leaks and didnt find anything. Last month, it happen again. Drained the oil and I lost another 2 qt. I have no leaks, no smoke coming out of tailpipe. They reached out to ford and ford said to replace the value covers. Apparently, the cover was not letting the oil drain back down to pan. They also stated that the turbos were dirty. So the valve cover was replaced. I'm back on the road. Truck is 2017 with 16500 miles. Been in the shop about 6 times in 15 months. Currently waiting for the 2019 GMC or dodge rebel to come out so I can trade this pos in for another truck.

Dodge? I'd have figured 6 trips to the dealer in 15 months would have been more than enough for you.

Dakotablues

Reaction score

Does the truck ever shut off when this happens? Likely not what's going on with yours, but I'll mention it here anyways just in case somebody has similar. The electronic throttle body went bad on my 2015 King Ranch. It sputtered followed by a stall shut-down 4-5 times in a few miles. Restarted the truck each time after a bit and limped it a bit further. Simple replacement at the dealership. After Googling it, seems that a lot of their vehicles are doing it (sometimes at a few thousand miles even).

Hope things get better for you and the truck!

Reaction score
Does the truck ever shut off when this happens? Likely not what's going on with yours, but I'll mention it here anyways just in case somebody has similar. The electronic throttle body went bad on my 2015 King Ranch. It sputtered followed by a stall shut-down 4-5 times in a few miles. Restarted the truck each time after a bit and limped it a bit further. Simple replacement at the dealership. After Googling it, seems that a lot of their vehicles are doing it (sometimes at a few thousand miles even).

Hope things get better for you and the truck!

The truck does not shut off, it goes up to 4th gear than it just loses complete power. After work yesterday it did something weird though going up a small hill it yanked a little n than my turbo psi was at max n the truck lost all power it was struggling to make it up

Dakotablues

Reaction score
The truck does not shut off, it goes up to 4th gear than it just loses complete power. After work yesterday it did something weird though going up a small hill it yanked a little n than my turbo psi was at max n the truck lost all power it was struggling to make it up

Believe me I'm not saying this is the issue, but I'd keep it in mind and at least have it ruled out. Hope it turns out.

Here are some mentions:

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/throttle-body-problem-370701/

Merica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I messaged AFE today asking if they are developing a new pan. They said maybe in a few months. We should just bombard them with requests.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter