Gen 2 OE rear shocks on gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like i stated earlier plenty of leveling kits are just longer shocks and springs which is exactly what this is. So yup we will see what happens one way or another i guess but no one has reported any damage and plenty of people run them. again i have ran plenty of trucks that are leveled with shocks/springs and have put well over 100k on them with no issues. Everyone can make their own decisions im just telling you what i have witnessed.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like i stated earlier plenty of leveling kits are just longer shocks and springs which is exactly what this is. So yup we will see what happens one way or another i guess but no one has reported any damage and plenty of people run them. again i have ran plenty of trucks that are leveled with shocks/springs and have put well over 100k on them with no issues. Everyone can make their own decisions im just telling you what i have witnessed.

Yup. Like I’ve said all along though.

Send it. Get the wheels off the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. Like I’ve said all along though.

Send it. Get the wheels off the ground.

I will ask again, have you seen any reported damage because of gen 2s on a gen 1 i asked you before and you didnt answer me. I am by no means saying you are wrong or clamming i am an expert i am just asking for real world feed back not people just saying it cant work. Why is it that the most recommended/reliable way to level a truck is longer shocks/springs? Why is this different for our trucks? I am not trying to be an ass I am really just curious.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Just wait, the carnage reports are coming.
The leveling kits that go on top of the hat (which makes the overall length longer just as this does) kills cv's as well...how do i know? My truck came with a tophat leveling kit and my cv's were destroyed because at full droop the angle is too much.
If you never put it in 4x4 then you will not have a problem, but as soon as you do...i told you so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wait, the carnage reports are coming.
The leveling kits that go on top of the hat (which makes the overall length longer just as this does) kills cv's as well...how do i know? My truck came with a tophat leveling kit and my cv's were destroyed because at full droop the angle is too much.
If you never put it in 4x4 then you will not have a problem, but as soon as you do...i told you so!

I am aware of the spacer lifts as well because my truck had one too. If you look at my posts you can see that whole ordeal. Now for my questions again im not talking about spacers im talking about longer shocks/springs. These kits are sold for every truck to level them and are considered better/safer than spacer lifts. What the gen2 shocks do to a gen1 is exactly that. A longer strut to lift the front end which again levels the truck and is the same thing that people sell in order level other trucks. My questions is if it is safe to lift other trucks with longer spring/shock why is that same logic not applied to our trucks ie gen 2 shocks. Again not trying to argue with anyone i am just asking questions and trying to get a better understanding instead of just the hey they dont work.

Chiefapple

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will ask again, have you seen any reported damage because of gen 2s on a gen 1 i asked you before and you didnt answer me. I am by no means saying you are wrong or clamming i am an expert i am just asking for real world feed back not people just saying it cant work. Why is it that the most recommended/reliable way to level a truck is longer shocks/springs? Why is this different for our trucks? I am not trying to be an ass I am really just curious.

There are ways to do it. Limiting straps among other things and there will be less if any damage.

Be the test case. Go on a run. Send it. Test it. Prove that there are no issues with it.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Raptors are already near the limit for cv angle stock. Normal trucks ie f150 are not, so a tophat spacer (which makes the overall length longer) is no big deal. So on a "normal" truck it is a cheap and viable way to raise it. On a raptor, it is already "raised" so if you want to go more then you need to go mid or top perch. Or a front long travel that brings the wheels out wider/higher but keeps a reasonable cv angle.