Gen 2 FRS on R

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interesting question, guess first youd have to see the 37 guys running it with the same preload on the front shocks (rear may still have the same issue some people are having with the 35s), but then im curious on the 100lbs of extra weight up front on them.

OP
OP
ToadSmasher2K1

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m wondering if you can adjust the preload to account for the extra weight

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
was gonna say maybe you could calculate it if you had the k factor on the frs and R springs then calculated the force difference then find your new required length, but preload isnt exactly adding spring length or spring stiffness.

Johnny@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We installed fronts at the shop for a customer with 1.2” of pre-load ala 2.4” if front lift at the customers request for a good level with rear geisers. I can see if I have pics somewhere but I know hes not the only R ive seen with race series shocks.

We also have FRS on presidents day sale today at Hammer Performance if youre looking to get some!

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious also. I have a brand new set I did not put on my Gen2.

Sam

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We installed fronts at the shop for a customer with 1.2” of pre-load ala 2.4” if front lift at the customers request for a good level with rear geisers. I can see if I have pics somewhere but I know hes not the only R ive seen with race series shocks.

We also have FRS on presidents day sale today at Hammer Performance if youre looking to get some!

Any feedback on this? What has to be done to disable the trucks live valve suspension actions in computer.
Thanks
Sam